ww2 ppk

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by gerber6661, Apr 25, 2011.

1. gerber6661

gerber6661 New Member

I am new,and was told this was the place for Walther info..I recently purchased a ppk slide that I would like to complete.

The Walther slide is marked with a eagle over the n and a serial number of 356186 k in stainless. could you tell me anything about it,and how hard it will be to put it back together..Matthew
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Hello gerber, just so there's no confusion, do you only have the slide and you wish to build a compete gun? Or do you have a complete gun that you are trying to put back together??
  3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

WW2 PPK slides were not made in stainless steel.
  4. gerber6661

gerber6661 New Member

I would love to put it back together. I found the slide at an estate sale. it does not look blued at all.It does look like stainless.I was hoping for some info on the serial number. Matthew
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

My sources date the slide to 1941. I know of no way to "complete" a slide except by buying a frame and all the parts, which, if it could be done, would cost much more than buying a complete gun, and the frame would be very unlikely to match the slide serial number.

The horrible fact is that many people have bought a part of a gun, or a gun missing parts, and attempted to "complete" it. In almost all cases, the effort proved futile and the parts or partial gun remained as purchased until the owner's heirs sold it to someone else who was going to "complete" it.

Jim