WW2 Walther PPK w/Swastika Grip

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bmw750, Feb 27, 2012.

1. crazy charlie

crazy charlie Member

Dec 13, 2008
    PA
    I would post this on the p38 forum. They have a section for WW-II PP & PPK's.
    Dieter Marshall is a member and frequents the forum.
    The 'capture papers' are interesting and in most circles add value to the pistol.
    The pistol might have been a private purchase and the purchaser may have become a Party Leader after the purchase. Who knows?
    The date of manufacture 1935 seems right.
    I wouldn't begin to speculate the value, but it would probably be $1000+.
    I had a 1939 PPK that I gifted to my Daughter (her Pap brought back from WW-II w/capture papers) conservatively valued @ $1500.
    Sentimental value priceless.

2. schooner.207

schooner.207 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    maine
    hello , your gun looks right as rain, go over to p38 forums for comparisons, try to post your pics , two have already been shown

3. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Oct 5, 2010
    bmw750,

Did you ever get confirmation as to weather the "Black Party Leaders" are real or not ??? !!!.....

Denny G.

4. Ed Wagner

Ed Wagner Member

Nov 17, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I would think it entirely possible that the original owner could have installed later fancier grips for whatever personal reason.

5. karlheinzpav@gmail

karlheinzpav@gmail New Member

Mar 2, 2015
    So many posts, I read many at random. If I am repeating what someone else said, apologies.
    Black "Party Leader" grips are not common. In 1999 there were nine known of the like. Genuine ones in Exc condition add about $5,000 to the value of the pistol. Black Party Leader grips are rare. Due to the Black PL grips and "k" suffix serial # , years of looking into made it one of nine known. Sold it for 6k, shoulda got 10. Better, I shoulda kept it.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  6. crazy charlie

crazy charlie Member

Dec 13, 2008
    PA
    To be sure go to the P38 forum. They have a section on PPK & PP pistols.
    The capture documents are interesting. Don't lose them. They are part of history.

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    The original poster has make 7 posts to the forum, all in this thread. The last one was right at three years ago. I don't think he will be back to read any new posts!

8. Russ Jackson

Russ Jackson Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Still good information thanks.