WWII 7.65 Ammo???

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by denny 714, Nov 18, 2010.

1. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Hello All,

I've enclosed a picture of what I belive is WWII Ammo...I think my Dad brought it back from Europe in 1944 tell me if it is and can anyone identify
    what country it came from? Thanks in advance, Denny G.[​IMG][/IMG]
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

The HP headstamp is used by Hirtenberger Patronen Zundhutchen und Metallwarenfabrik (cartridge and metalware fabrication) from Hirtenberg, Austria.

7.65 is .32ACP, 7.65 Browning, 7.65x17SR, etc...
    The nickel plated FMJ bullet is typical military spec for the 7.65, so yeah I'd guess that it was picked up during occupation or after the war as surplus.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Great ammo too by the way. Those of us that have old WWII pistols and shot the old ammo out of it know that stuff is very accurate. I got the best groups I ever had outta my ole Beretta with surplus ammo fromm WWII. Unfortunately it is gettin to be as scarce as hens teeth any more. I was able to buy up a buch of old WWII Mil-Plus bullets but I have been saveing those. Right now the Blazer are fillin the bill right now. I'd Love to be able to get my hands on some more though.