The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WWII German shoulder holster??

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jim brady 
#1 ·
I recently acquired a WWII properly marked and matching (except mag. which isn't numbered but is marked P.38 v over a large U with eagle over 339 on backstrap) P38 pistol in really nice shape, byf 44. It is in a shoulder holster the guy swears his dad claimed he brought home from the War. The holster has no markings whatsoever. The shoulder strap is lined with a soft material sort'a like felt, its in excellent shape but does look like it has some age. Does this look like a genuine holster or just some kind of commercial piece bought later? This holster exactly fits the P38 and its mag. I have numerous military pistols and nothing else really fits and allows the retaining strap to be fastened.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I kind of guessed this one before I read it. That holster looks like a copy of the U.S. M7 shoulder holster made for a .45 automatic. I use my black GI M7 holster to carry my P38 while I work around the farm. Good fit.

The German military holsters are just too dang slow to draw the pistol from. I like a flap style holster generally, but not the German style for either the P.08 or the P.38.

If it's not marked 'U.S' I'd guess it is a commercial copy. The older M7 style holsters were brown like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.