WWII Jap bayonet

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gunfreakboy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

From brief ebay search I have come to the conclusion that this is a WWII japanese bayonet. Can anybody confirm this and give me a possible value. The blade was packed in grease and is probably 95%. The handle is in good condition, sheath is a little rusty. Total length is about 22 inches. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

The markings stand for the arsenal Toyoda Jido shokki Saisaku-jo
    I'll see if I can get you more info
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  3. southernshooter

4. Cork

Cork New Member

It is the type made during the war before quality degraded, straight quill and birds head handle. The scabbard seems rusted. If the blade is not sharpened, and the handles are good, just need cleaned and the frog is original (frog is the the best I have seen in some time) it is worth about 100 to 125 bucks. Might get more on ebay if someone is after the frog. Not a Japanese expert but I picked up some Jap bayonets last year and without the frog decent ones were getting 65-85.
    Cork
  5. southernshooter

Welcome Cork
    From another Mississippian