WWII M1 Bazooka

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CHUCKEYCITY13, Jun 25, 2011.

1. CHUCKEYCITY13

CHUCKEYCITY13 New Member

I know this sounds crazy but bought a WWII US M1 demilled Bazooka today at a flea Mkt any idea of the value?

Attached Files:

2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

ChuckeyCity,
    Welcome to the forum. Let's see what our experts come up with on this one. I, personally, think with the way it was "demilled" - crushed tube - it will have little collector value. If it had been drilled or "bolted" so the tube looked somewhat original it would have more collector value - but I've been wrong before. It certainly is an item that you (nor I) see very often. Is the ignitor intact?
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

I probably shouldn't even post as I have no idea of the value except that it is worth what you paid for it. But for having something out of the ordinary, that is really neat!

Jim
  4. silicosys4

silicosys4 Former Guest

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=100979

Thats the only reference to an M1 bazooka being sold online, and it was offered at a pretty high price, you might have something there.
    It was demilled in a much less obvious manner though.
    Given the apparent rarity, the method of demilling might not devalue it too badly, as long as its original.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Demilled it still looks cool.
  6. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

this may not be legal, but I suspect that dent could be removed/minimized and then (if required) demilled in a less obvious manner. Looks like it was crunched in a vise.
  7. M2-2 Flame Thrower

M2-2 Flame Thrower New Member

8. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

I do not have any interest in or keep up with the latest BATF rulings on things like pictured above or that are covered by the NFA.

Having said the foregoing, I am not totally without knowledge of such things. YOU MIGHT HAVE A LEGAL PROBLEM, even though you do not have any illegal intent. YOUR ITEM'S DEMILLING MAY OR MAY NOT MEET BATF STANDARDS! If it does not meet their standards you could have a significant legal problem being in possession of it.

Hopefully, others with more actual knowledge of NFA related matters will read and contribute to this thread. I have briefly searched the BATF site for this kind of material, and did not find a definitive answer. Here is a link: http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-2.pdf

If I were you, unless I could definitively determine that this thing has been demilled to BATF specs; I would proceed to cut it into numerous pieces and then smash them with a sledge hammer; and then have the pieces to give to the BATF Agents should they come calling. They likely monitor forums like this.

Good luck.
  9. M2-2 Flame Thrower

M2-2 Flame Thrower New Member

I have several demilled and live - papered rocket launchers. :)

Just cut a hole at the bottom rear, same size as the tube and weld a cross pin threw the middle of the tube (front and back) to prevent loading a rocket. Then its good to go. :D

You don't have to: "cut it into numerous pieces and then smash them with a sledge hammer":eek:
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

even here we can have these if they have a fixed (welded) bolt that blocks centre passage by anything , theres one on the wall of the SGT's mess at holdsworthy a ww2 Panzerfaust ...
  11. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That was the first U.S. rocket launcher; it fired a 2.36" rocket. The velocity was low but it used a shaped charge that penetrated armor, so the rocket's low speed didn't matter except that its inaccuracy made it necessary to get rather close to the target and hitting a moving target was difficult.

The nickname came from a "musical" instrument invented by comedian Bob Burns, which he played (if that is the right term) on his radio program, and which was a tube which did, in fact, resemble the rocket launcher.

Jim