WWII Machinegun

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

griz
    (5/22/02 1:42:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All WWII Machinegun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope this does not belong in NFA weapons forum, if so, feel free to move it. Do you folks know which model/name machineguns were commonly mounted on WWII jeeps. I am currently restoring WWII vintage Willys and thought it would be fun to mount an original .30 caliber if they are even available and I ever save up enough $$$$ for the purchase price and transfer fee.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/22/02 3:41:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: WWII Machinegun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What you're looking for would be an M1919 .30 cal. Light Machine Gun. You can buy realistic-looking replicas that require no firearms license.

You can get a replica here:

www.world-war-2.com/machine_gun/
    www.iracinc.com/website/replica.html

Here's some more info on the M1919:

www.rt66.com/~korteng/Sma.../30cal.htm
    www.1919a4.com/

....and here's a picture of a jeep with an M1919 mounted:

www.armytrucks.org/jp_mag-may2000.html

Edited by: Xracer at: 5/22/02 4:55:11 pm

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/22/02 6:19:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: WWII Machinegun
    You can also find the semi-auto version in the Shotgun News.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/18/02 11:51:15 pm)
    I dunno, I have seen all the pintle mounts for the M1919 made for Jeeps that Sarco has for sale, and I've seen all the pictures of Jeeps from WWII with them mounted....BUT....

You GOTTA go with a Ma Deuce! If you ONLY knew the times I spent running around the playground with three of my friends terrorizing all the girls at recess, RATATATATATATing all those nasty Krauts and blowing up old Colonel Dietrich's Tigers with those guns!

RAT PATROL!!!!!!!!!! (I was Tully...and I drove like hell... )

TAKE THE MONKEY BARS! COVER ME MOFFET! HITCHCOCK! KRAUT AT 2 OCLOCK! GET HIM WITH THE THOMPSON! GRENADE!!! TROY! TROY! YOU HIT? HERE I COME, HOP IN! VARROOM! VARROOM!

GOD, to be 9 or 10 again, we had some GREAT TV then....

Crap, you do that today at school you'd probably get EXPELLED or at least have to go for COUNSELLING....

Sigh.....

Either that, or you have to track down about a hundred "Jerry Cans," a dual Lewis mount mounted in front of the passenger seat firing forward, and a dual Vickers mount with the AA sights firing backwards, and restore it as a LRDG Jeep.....

"Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

Go Get Beer
    (6/19/02 2:21:30 am)
    Weren't there Jeeps with .50 caliber Browning M2 as well?
    Or you could try to locate a DShK and have the Jeep restored as US help for the Russians. It would make one hell of an original piece, I imagine.
    Good luck with your project!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/19/02 9:26:50 am)
    Yeah.....I've seen pictures of Jeeps with an M2 mounted. I knew a guy who ran a Jeep in Korea with one of those suckers on it. He said that when you fired the MG, that Jeep used to bounce around like a pogo stick!

Tank commanderA24
    (6/19/02 10:57:05 am)
    An M2 would look cool but was not really used. The Recoil was too heavy and shook the jeep apart. Most recon jeeps used 30 cals.

TCA24
    Armor Rules
    "Perhaps today is a good day to die!" Mr Worf.