WWII reenactments....

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/13/02 9:48:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All WWII reenactments....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've been getting more and more contacts from Soviet reenactors buying my Nagant/SVT pouches and stripper clips...two this week...

Is anybody here into WWII reenacting, or know where they do it?

I've been thinking I can go as a "Polish Partisan," I can use one of my crappy 91/30s and get the rest of my outfit from a Goodwill Store in Cheektowaga, New York....

Seriously, I might want to go and at least see them sometimes, don't know if I could get into DOING it....maybe I could be a "technical advisor..."
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/13/02 9:58:29 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: WWII reenactments....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ....you'll also need a sidearm....maybe an old VIS (aka Radom), and see if you can find a mortar that fires kielbasa.

I think I'll go as a Swiss.....I'll sit back and collect money while I watch all you other guys kill yourselves.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/13/02 9:04:21 pm)
    And I also know that Polish Partisans NEVER fired more than 4 rounds from their MNs or 6 rounds from their M95 revolvers at a time at the Nazis before reloading...

...they had to save one round in reserve at all times for their Russian "advisor."

Hey X? Why not be a Swede? You get to march around looking all martial and tough like with a sweet rifle with an inferior, untested, round, all the while selling Bofors guns to BOTH sides, and iron ore to the Nazis while turning a blind eye to Nazis in their national waters....

We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 2/13/02 9:05:28 pm

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/14/02 9:37:54 am)
    Well, there are a lot of Swedes here in Minn-eeee-sota, ya sure, you bet.....but my grandparents (on my father's side) came from Switzerland.

Haven't seen or heard of any WWII reenactments around here, but they do put on a good U.S. Army, circa 1830's, show over at Ft. Snelling (in St. Paul) on weekends during the summer.

www.mnhs.org/places/sites...story.html

17th FA Bn
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/02 10:48:56 pm)
    I was talking to a guy who was into WW II reenactments. I asked him how they got enough people to play the bad guys (Nazi germans). He said most of the guys wanted to play the Germans. He and his son had been playing Germans for years, but started playing Americans because they got to do more.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/16/02 7:17:24 pm)
    I volunteer to play an Italian......that way I can surrender in the first 5 minutes and go sit in the shade.