WWII SMG`s

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/25/01 11:37:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All WWII SMG`s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You pick and tell us why. Some really cool ones out there then, some not worth crap too. I like the Soviet made PPsh-41. But I`ll let someone else start before I give my....why.

Bompa
    (5/25/01 5:46:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: WWII SMG`s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know why but I always wanted a grease gun..Found
    a site that was selling semi version new made but went
    into shock almost when I saw the asking price..If I
    remember correctly it was around $900...Just a bit to
    steep for my pocket..
    Still would like one,a real one..

Kdubya
    (5/25/01 10:00:29 pm)
    Bompa -

Take it from one who lugged one of those things around for a while - they definately ain't worth no $900, original version, or not! in the early 50's when I had one issued, think it cost the US gov. something like $12.50 per copy - worth just about that amount. Heavy, inaccurate, clumsy - easy to clean, tho - unscrew the bbl, release bolt to clear thru receiver, take out recoil spring and slosh everything in solvent.
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

polishshooter
    (5/25/01 10:17:45 pm)
    Pick your poison!

If I had to carry an SMG, (Why can't I use a Trench Gun instead? ) I'd probably want an M1 or M1A1 Thompson, or a Suomi.

I'd like to own an M3A1, with the 45* barrel extension for shooting around corners. THAT would be fun to try.

I'd love to own a Reising just to see who is right, the Marines who dumped theirs in the Mantanikau or all the old Sheriffs who loved them...

And a good old fashioned PPSh with a drum...they made the barrels by taking Mosin Nagant rifle barrels and cutting them in half...gotta love that!

Xracer
    (5/26/01 8:41:12 am)
    Polish.....anybody who can spell "Mantanikau" without looking it up needs to get a life! I can barely spell Guadalcanal!

Kdubya
    (5/26/01 11:42:11 am)
    I kouldn't speel neither of 'um, so thar!!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

polishshooter
    (5/26/01 6:20:41 pm)
    I HAVE a life. I just don't know where I put it, that's all...