1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

WWII SMG`s

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (5/25/01 11:37:36 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All WWII SMG`s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You pick and tell us why. Some really cool ones out there then, some not worth crap too. I like the Soviet made PPsh-41. But I`ll let someone else start before I give my....why.

Bompa
    (5/25/01 5:46:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: WWII SMG`s
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know why but I always wanted a grease gun..Found
    a site that was selling semi version new made but went
    into shock almost when I saw the asking price..If I
    remember correctly it was around $900...Just a bit to
    steep for my pocket..
    Still would like one,a real one..

Kdubya
    (5/25/01 10:00:29 pm)
    Bompa -

Take it from one who lugged one of those things around for a while - they definately ain't worth no $900, original version, or not! in the early 50's when I had one issued, think it cost the US gov. something like $12.50 per copy - worth just about that amount. Heavy, inaccurate, clumsy - easy to clean, tho - unscrew the bbl, release bolt to clear thru receiver, take out recoil spring and slosh everything in solvent.
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

polishshooter
    (5/25/01 10:17:45 pm)
    Pick your poison!

If I had to carry an SMG, (Why can't I use a Trench Gun instead? ) I'd probably want an M1 or M1A1 Thompson, or a Suomi.

I'd like to own an M3A1, with the 45* barrel extension for shooting around corners. THAT would be fun to try.

I'd love to own a Reising just to see who is right, the Marines who dumped theirs in the Mantanikau or all the old Sheriffs who loved them...

And a good old fashioned PPSh with a drum...they made the barrels by taking Mosin Nagant rifle barrels and cutting them in half...gotta love that!

Xracer
    (5/26/01 8:41:12 am)
    Polish.....anybody who can spell "Mantanikau" without looking it up needs to get a life! I can barely spell Guadalcanal!

Kdubya
    (5/26/01 11:42:11 am)
    I kouldn't speel neither of 'um, so thar!!
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

polishshooter
    (5/26/01 6:20:41 pm)
    I HAVE a life. I just don't know where I put it, that's all...