The Firearms Forum banner

WWII US Army Colt 45 -Value?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mikebiker 
#1 ·
I can use your expert opinion:

My father was in US Army WW II . Has since passed and left behind an army trunk with many things . The attached gun, holster etc was in the trunk. I took these pictures. Gun is at Moms home. I believe along side I see NY, USA
Anyone know the value and where to sell it?
Thanks
OneHope

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Please describe the item in as much detail as possible.

Detail does not mean "in good shape" ,describe how the wood is, how much blueing (% of original finish left) there is etc., and anything else you see that may be helpful.

Tell us all marking, words, and letters anywhere on the gun.

PICTURES are required. Clear, sharp pictures....full length, both left and right sides, as well as closeups of any unusual features, engraving, etc.

Here's How: http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=19430

Example:

If you have an old gun and the markings on it are E over LG then the gun was made in Belgium.

You may try doing a SEARCH and find your gun value. If not, START A NEW THREAD instead of bringing up an old post that has already been answered. THE OLD POST MAY BE IGNORED..

Our entire range of staff, are more than happy to assist you, as well as many of our membership in general, in order to try and answer your questions.

This forum is for firearms values only. Anything else will be deleted.

All members are invited to participate but no guessing. We prefer you use the Standard Catalog of Firearms. It's much closer to real value than Blue Book. Blue Book is better for trade values.

Just remember, we are trying to help YOU. The more info you give us, the more accurate the value will be. And don't forget a couple of PICTURES.

Our experts work hard to give you an accurate value on your firearm so give them the info they need.

Also, we are not an air rifle forum. These posts will be deleted.

No offers to buy or sell in this forum. We have a Buy/Sell/Trade Forum for that.

Any attempt to buy or sell on this forum will result in your suspension from TFF.

If your post is removed it's because the guidelines were not followed.

#3 ·
You are new here - and welcome. You will need to follow the advice given by Gdmoody. It is helpful to know that the more - and clearer pictures you can take of the markings will determine the accuracy of any responses to estimate a value. Certain things are critical, such as the maker of the firearm, the vintage and originality. If you are not all that much into firearms, a basic concern is that the firearm's parts match, and the markings will reflect if they do or don't.

One thing I'd consider, if I were not much into keeping that relic from the past, is to make sure that when you transfer it, that you follow ALL legal guidelines in doing so. Also, if you deal with reputable folks, you will be less likely to get ripped off. I've seen it happen before. Keep in mind that the value range could be anywhere from a couple of hundred dollars to a few thousand. Good Luck!

#4 ·
The gun has the possibility of being in the 1500 to 2000 dollar range. The holster looks like some mold is at work. I have used good old Windex to clean leather with great success. Keep the gun out of the holster for a few days until it dries fully. We need more pictures and info to give a proper evaluation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.