WWII Walther PPK Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by healey1006, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPK

PPK New Member

Any thoughts, and perhaps value for this one? Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Commercial PPK, probably private purchase by a civilian or a military officer. Value is $800 to $1000.
  3. Boswell79

Boswell79 New Member

Hello all. I've got a Walther PP 7.65 that I inherited from my father who inherited it from his father who fought in Germany in WW2. I believe that it may have been made near the end of the war in 1945. It has no proof marks on it...other than 2 serial numbers and the little Walther flags on the hand grip. Below one serial number are the letters 'ac' which I have been told was the Walther war code. I've also been told that because it has no proof marks it may have been taken straight from the factory at the end of the war before it could get finished and sold when the US came through...this is all just speculation though. To be almost 70 years old its in pretty good shape. It has the majority of its blueing, a little holster wear on the tip of the nozzle but very little, very minor wear and tear.

I have no interest in selling it but just would love to have an idea of its value. I have pics which I'd like to post for anyone to look at who might be able to shed some light. Is there a way to post pics on here off of my computer?
  4. Boswell79

Boswell79 New Member

Figured it out...here are the pics :)

Attached Files:

5. wonderwhippet

Sorry, I did not notice the non-matching serials and the ac markings, making this a GI put-together pistol at the captured Walther factory in the spring of 1945. I believe the value is actually about $500.
  6. srstickler

srstickler New Member

Gents,

I realize this thread is old but I thought I'd try to see if anyone still peeks at it. Another inherited Walther PPK here from my father who got it from my Great Uncle from the war. Interestingly, in the same package I got another Walther, a P38 which is actually nicer than the PPK. Original holsters I believe. PPK is in 9MM. I'll let the pictures do the talking here, y'all are certainly more knowledgable than I am on the specifics of these firearms. Value for each and together? I've got quite a few pics so I'll post in multiple messages.

Attached Files:

7. srstickler

srstickler New Member

Second bunch of pics.....

Attached Files:

8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

1939 on the PPK. commercial model, the German army did not use the 9MM Kurz or AKA 380 because it was not in their supply line. It would have been a very desirable pistol because .380 models are scarce { during that time line }. I would guess 5 to 600 only because the grips, holster and magazines would bring 3 to 400 separately. The name on the slide ruins any collector value but it is still a nice gun and a part of history. The P-38 I'll pass.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  9. wonderwhippet

The P38 looks like a nice rig, but we can't give you any details or values unless you post some clear closeups of all the markings on the pistol and the back of the holster. The markings on the magazines are important, too. Don't overlook them, even the really tiny ones.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  10. srstickler

srstickler New Member

Thank you Gents,

Let me get the resident photography expert on the case here.
  11. s1061

s1061 New Member

Same story as most. Grandfather pulled this from a deceased soldier. What is it and what may it be worth? I have a holster, but don't have it right now. Thanks guys!
    Trouble with pictures but it has black handles, eagle/N, banner and rpk 7.62 on mag. Serial number is 429484K. It has been recently test fired and has a minor crack on back.

Thanks again for any ideas on value.
  12. wonderwhippet

There are quite a few pistols which could fit your very rough description, so your question cannot be answered. A few good photos will clear things up.
  13. Patman75

Patman75 New Member

Great forum! I could spend countless hours browsing around.

I have Walther PPK 7.65 that is practically falling into my lap. My father-in-law is looking to sell his father's gun because he needs the cash. I'm trying to figure out what the gun is worth so I can give him fair market value. The story is that he got it off a german solider in WWII, I'll let the experts detrimine that.

Serial number 923438, blueing looks to be in good shape, grip is chipped below saftey. Holster is from Bianchi Gunleather and someone wrote on it and wrote the same number on the clip. The writing is most likey from the police with my Father-in-laws father had the gun stolen and returned by police some years later (very lucky)

The pictures of the gun are in my album in my profile PPK 7.65.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pat
  14. Patman75

Patman75 New Member

I think I figured out how to put some pics up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holster is LH.
  15. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

The holster is a right-hand inside waistband holster.