1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

WWII Walther PPK Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by healey1006, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsmith7251

tsmith7251 New Member

What is the correct term for the eagle stamp?
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

3. tsmith7251

tsmith7251 New Member

4. tsmith7251

tsmith7251 New Member

Thank you everyone for your help and getting me a value of this weapon. I have listed
    and hopefully it will allow me to purchase my next weapon.
    :)
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  5. vinman12

vinman12 New Member

Danny,

I am not sure if I am reading the above information correctly or not. I have a PPK, SN:404xxxK that is an eagle C. Your numbers above do not show the 400000 range.

Any help is welcome.
    Vince
  6. Danny

Danny Member

:)Hi Vince,
    Your pistol was manufactured in 1944. It is a rare police pistol, being made that close to war's end. It should have black grips with the magazine having the Walther banner & 7.65mm under that. It should also have a small w stamped on the spline of the mag.
    If you have the holster and two numbered mags I could see well over 2500 or more in good condition. Hope this helps ya?
    Regards
    Danny
  7. marc79

marc79 New Member

I found one of these Walther PPK 7.65's while cleaning out my wife's Great Aunt's basement. My in-laws told me to keep it. SN 848117 It has the "crown over the N" mentioned in previous posts on this thread. However it has something else on the side that I didn't see in other pics that were posted. It has a design that has an "RZ" with an "M" below it. Is this significant? Is this worth anything? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
  8. Danny

Danny Member

:):)Yes indeed it means something! Your PPK is a party leader RZM and manufactured in 1934 before the party leader went with the swastika & eagle on the grips. An RZM in good condition could bring over 2 grand if not more. On the other hand a party leader with real grips & not fake would be over 6. I have one of the first ones sn#804xxx and holster to match & I would not take over 3 for mine. Post a pic if you can?
    Hope this info helps ya?
    Kind Regards
    Danny
  9. marc79

marc79 New Member

Danny,

Here are some pics I took this morning. They're not the greatest. If I knew more about guns I'd try to relay the condition. It looks really clean. It sat in a shoe box since at least 1993.

Thanks,
    Marc

Attached Files:

10. Danny

Danny Member

Hello Marc,
    That is a fine looking RZM & I would rate it 90% or better if I could see the grip strap. The holster in my opiinion is not from that time period, however I could be wrong. The reason I say this is that snaps were not used by the Germans until later on. Is there any markings or letters on the back of the holster & can you get a close up of the circle on the bottom half of it? I also wanted to point out that after I checked my little sn# book, your pistol may have been made in early 1935, notice I said maybe. Please get back to me on the holster pics, as you may have something very rare.
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)
    Re
  11. marc79

marc79 New Member

Danny,

Below are a few more pictures. Two of them are zoomed in. Hopefully they're helpful. I have the pics but I'm at work now and the gun is at home so I couldn't take anymore pictures. If you want anymore pictures I'll have to take them when I get home.

Thanks for all the help.

Marc

Attached Files:

12. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Set your camera on the Macro mode and you'll get much clearer closeups.
  13. Danny

Danny Member

Marc I must admitt the holster looks post war to me. The markings do not match any of the holsters from that era that I have or have ever seen. However I would like to see a better close up of the circle, if possible?
    Regards
    Danny:)
  14. streetscraper1

streetscraper1 New Member

hey guys im new to this forum and ive been reading and doing alot of research but i still have a couple of questions...i father recently gave me a walther ppk that he has had for as long as i can remember and well i just wanted to see what you all could tell me about it...the serial number is 121052A ive seen that most serial numbers end with K so what does the A mean? oh and it has the crown over N and its in real good condition..its has some holster wear on the front and a couple of scratches on it but nothing major...im not wanting to sell it right now but times are hard so id like to know what the value is..thanks..i'll post some pics...oh and its chambered in 9mm kurz...or .380...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  15. JBNUT

JBNUT New Member

I just saw this very original PPK with a great story. I was wondering what the experts thought of the originality of the gun and yes of course the price.
    Yup, i am new here
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009