WWII Walther PPK Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by healey1006, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minerva66

Minerva66 New Member

Wow, you're fast. Thank you very much for the input, that's very helpful.
  2. cga82

cga82 New Member

Another PP & PPK for evaluation.I'm hoping someone can tell me the manufacturing dates and value.
    [​IMG]

PPK BROWN WRAP AROUND SERIAL 855301 no markings

PP WITH German MARKS SERIAL 329285P

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  3. cga82

cga82 New Member

Danny,Wonder, Xtracer and anyone else can you give me your opinion on the above PP and PPK. I am not looking for anyone to get in an arguement:eek: just a fair assesment.:)
  4. Danny

Danny Member

First of all, sorry for the late reply. Your PPK was manufactured in 1935 & my evaluation would be 800 dollars if the grips are not cracked.
    The PP was made in 1944. From the condition of the pistol, I would ask 600 dollars on it. These prices reflect retail prices & what I would sell them for. Hope this helps you?
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  5. cga82

cga82 New Member

Thank You Danny
  6. claycrusher

claycrusher New Member

I also have a question regarding an inherited PPK. It seems that quite a few of us inherited ones from the WWII era. Anyways, I would really appreciate an estimated year of manufacture for mine. I don't care about the value since I plan to keep it for as long as I'm around but I'm curious as to its history Its a Crown over N, serial number 230713K. From reading this thread it looks like perhaps a late 1930's civilian one? I see no other proof or other markings, however I saw one post suggesting ones in this serial number block were SS issued? Thanks in advance!!
  7. Danny

Danny Member

Hello,
    1939 was a good year for Hitler & the production date of this PPK. There is talk that it it has sn;s around the muzzel, it could have been used by the SS?
    Hope this helps?
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)
  8. SSMN

SSMN Member

Clay,
    Can you tell me if the serial number is present on both the slide and frame?
    Would the K suffix happen to be located below the serial number rather than following the serial number?
    Also would the magazine(s) happen to be serial numbered to match the gun?
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  9. claycrusher

claycrusher New Member

It looks like the K is inline with the rest of the numbers. I don't see any numbers on the exterior of the slide nor on either of the mags that I got with it. Ill try to upload a pic tonight when I get to my computer since my phone does not want to upload one. Thanks for the date Danny!
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  10. SSMN

SSMN Member

Clay,
    Sounds like you have a standard commercial issue PPK. If your gun had been a "K Under" serial number and on both frame and slide, it would have been SS Issued and very rare and valuable. The K Under variation occurred between approx serial number 206 XXX/K and serial number 235 XXX/K. Obviously all guns produced in that block were not SS Issue as evidenced by your standard K after serial number.
    The attached is an example of what the K Under will look like. This particular gun has both matching serial numbered magazines, which would peg the value at $5,000+

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  11. MatthewDH

MatthewDH New Member

Hi. Newbie here seeking some info on what I think is a PPK holster. I do not have the accompanying pistol. I recently came into possesion of this holster and a Mauser 765. My grandfather traded a brother in law of his some other WWII gear for both the pistol and holster. My great uncle came took the gun off of the mayor of a German town he helped liberate. Apparently the mayor of this town had aided the Nazis and been given the gun and pistol. Upon the liberation of his town he took his own life with the pistol. Trying to post pics of the holster and would be interest in what an appropriate value would be. Thanks for any assistance.

Attached Files:

12. SSMN

SSMN Member

You have what appears to be a legitimate Walther PPK Party leader holster. It appears to be in perfect condition and so worth several thousand dollars.
  13. claycrusher

claycrusher New Member

From glancing through here it looks as if my holster may not have been original, although it came with the pistol in '45 when my grandfather acquired it. Attached are a coupe pics of it. The only markings I see is a M over an anchor. Any ideas as to if this is original or if its even German? Thanks!! Oops, the one on the right is upside down.... its a M OVER the anchor

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  14. ww1917

ww1917 New Member

I have a Walther PPK bring back from WWII and I was curious what a PPK cost now and days. I have the holster and (2) clips. Condition is 80% blue. Seems to be little info on these searched on google. I was thinking $1,200.00 minimun. I'm not loking for a sale on this post but some value on the history itself.

Serial # 200288 K
    Again bring back no import marks!

Pics coming up.

Matt
  15. John59

John59 New Member

Hi im new to this forum, I have a Walther PPK It says: Waffenfabrik Walther. Zella-Mehlis(Thur) Walthers Patent Cal. 7.65 m/m Mod PPK. Eagle over N, twice. #SN 270731k.

Behind the trigger it has an emblem that looks like an eagle with two letter underneath it which we cant really make out. It is also by the hammer.
    I took a magnifying glass to take a closer look at the Eagle over the N.
    The holster has an eagle with a swastika WaA100 and Walther PPK inside.
    I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me a little something about it and what the value might be. Thank you

Attached Files:

• PPK.jpg
      PPK.jpg
      File size:
      261.3 KB
      Views:
    • ppk3.jpg
      ppk3.jpg
      File size:
      182.7 KB
      Views:
    • ppk4.jpg
      ppk4.jpg
      File size:
      193.9 KB
      Views:
    • ppk5.jpg
      ppk5.jpg
      File size:
      165.8 KB
      Views:
  16. vsanzbajo

vsanzbajo New Member

I would like some info in this WWII Walther PPK 7.65mm

I noticed how knowledgeable on Walther's you guys are. So I hope you do not mind if I ask for some info on my New PPK. Serial # 913664. It has a crown and an N in the frame,slide and barrel.
    Thanks for all the info you can provide. If you can direct me or send me as much info as you can on old PPKs.
    I still have the original grips and finger rest. I swapped for these so I will not damage the old ones. They were a little cracked and dented.
    Value, condition, etc...
    Here are some pics.
    Thanks a million in advance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  17. WaltherppkS2011

WaltherppkS2011 New Member

I have recently received a Walther PPK from a family friend.. I want to know what its worth, and some history about it.. It looks great to the eye, no cracks in the grips, very good condition.. SN is 173xx6s
  18. larrydickman

larrydickman Member

I was wondering if I could get a real world value for this gun. Its a crown N in 93 percent or better condtion. Banner only mag and matching slide, three numbers of the serial scrached in top. grips are not cracked and it seems to be a 33 ninty deg. safety production. I have been told that its worth 600 and I have an offer at 675 is that fair? One collector said its more like 1200 but I am not sure thats right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files:

19. Danny

Danny Member

In that condition , 1200 or more would be my opinion on that beautiful pistol. They R getting hard to find in that condition, so do not give it away.
    Regards
    Danny
  20. SSMN

SSMN Member

Bad finish. Good luck on $1200.... $650 max. Put it up for auction with clear closeup photos and a $1200 reserve and you will not receive a single bid.