WWII Walther PPK Value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by healey1006, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexjomar

alexjomar New Member

Re: WWII Walther PP Value

Hello all,
    I have enjoyed this thread and tried to educate myself a little. I have been given what I believe to be a 1940-1941 Walther. 7.65 Serial number is 206XXXP, Eagle over N on the slide, and also eagle over N on ejector. I'll get some pictures. My question isnt so much value. My father inlaw served with the 328th and 101st landing after Normandy and fought thru to Czech. This gun was found under a staircase in a bag of German handguns. I have the certificates, affidavits and custome declaration signed and dated Oct 5 1945 allowing my father in law to bring the weapon back. Unfortunately, the pistol was regripped with a USA grip and I'd like to try and find the correct grip to make the gun what it should be. The gun has always been oiled and never fired since being acquired. I guess I need help on what the grip should look like and if anyone has one to sell. Thanks very much. Alex
  2. Danny

Danny Member

:)Hello Alex,
    You can find original grips on many auction gun sites & also E*ay.com. Do you want to make the pistol to fire again, as I have all the parts needed? What you have is an early 1940 Walther PP. They are great little pistols. as I think I have 15 or so in my collection.
    Kind Regards
    Danny:)
  3. mdickson16

mdickson16 New Member

I have my Dad's Walther PPK from WWII, along with capture papers. Here are the details and the best pix I could take with my IPhone. Serial # 890923. Says ModPP on other side along with regular Walther text that I see on other pix posted here. The top half of the holster has come off, as the threads that held it on were dry rotted. Case is in good shape otherwise. Looks like the original owner's name and unit are scratched onto the back flap of holster - I can make out Koegler 15th RSS followed by something else I can't read. I'm getting divorced and moving so am selling all my stuff and starting over.
    Any idea what it's worth or best way to go about selling it? I've also got a Nazi Helmet with the leather inside (and a bullet scar). I guess I could throw that in to the lucky buyer :).
    I have to dig out the capture papers, but can do that ASAP if it impacts estimate.

Looks like I can only load 4 pix and they got compressed. Hopefully enough clarity. Walther 5.jpg

Walther 1.jpg

Walther4.jpg

Walther9.jpg

Thanks in advance, Walther 5.jpg

Mike Dickson
  4. mdickson16

mdickson16 New Member

On the item I just posted, it has the Crown over N proof and the holster says A. WUNDERLICH N. BERLIN.S.W. Not sure if that helps at all. Thanks again in advance.
  5. Danny

Danny Member

That is a police holster. Is there any markings around the mag release button? Please let us know.
    Kind Regards
    Danny
  6. mdickson16

mdickson16 New Member

Hi Dan - Thx for the reply. I don;t see anything on the side near the mag release. Jus tthe serial number on the opposite side.

Not sure if the capture paper helps with value, but I found it - Here's a photo;

Capture Paper.jpg
  7. Danny

Danny Member

From what I can make out, your pistol is around 85%. With the capture papers, holster & weapon, 650 would be my guess. Hope this helps you?
    Kindest Regards
  8. mdickson16

mdickson16 New Member

Great Danny - Thanks for the news and the quick response.
  9. Minerva66

Minerva66 New Member

Hi Danny - you and others have been very informative on this thread, thanks for all of the guidance. I'm hoping you can shed some light on the value of a Walther PPK I just inherited from my mother. I'm trying to decide what to do with it and will likely give it to my uncle, but wanted a ballpark estimate on value before making any decisions.

I've read the entire thread and the PPK I have looks very similar to the one Carl posted back on 5/2009 in post #34. I assume mine has a similar value, but wanted to confirm.

It's a PPK, serial number 357246K. Thanks very much for any info you can provide.

Attached Files:

10. Danny

Danny Member

A police issued PPK in great shape, at least 95%, boxed with both mags, cleaning tin, I would put 2500 on it at least. Thats if the box has the number of the weapon on it? Hope this helps some?
    Regards
    Danny:):)
  11. Minerva66

Minerva66 New Member

Wow, you're fast. Thank you very much for the input, that's very helpful.
  12. cga82

cga82 New Member

Another PP & PPK for evaluation.I'm hoping someone can tell me the manufacturing dates and value.
    [​IMG]

PPK BROWN WRAP AROUND SERIAL 855301 no markings

PP WITH German MARKS SERIAL 329285P

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  13. cga82

cga82 New Member

Danny,Wonder, Xtracer and anyone else can you give me your opinion on the above PP and PPK. I am not looking for anyone to get in an arguement:eek: just a fair assesment.:)
  14. Danny

Danny Member

First of all, sorry for the late reply. Your PPK was manufactured in 1935 & my evaluation would be 800 dollars if the grips are not cracked.
    The PP was made in 1944. From the condition of the pistol, I would ask 600 dollars on it. These prices reflect retail prices & what I would sell them for. Hope this helps you?
    Kind Regards
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  15. cga82

cga82 New Member

Thank You Danny