1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

WyomingSwede

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

procrastinator
    (8/24/01 8:09:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All WyomingSwede
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good Morning to Ya.
    I need some information on my new toy.
    Under barrel - CDI Swan Vt. model 38 Sweden 6.5x55 cal

Husqvarna Vapenfagriks
    Akiebolag

Side of front sight - +/- 0

Last three digits of sn match on safety/butt plate/bolt knob
    All other parts marked with a crown

Metal at least 98%

Rear sight has been removed and at the rear of the base is something like L.B. stamped

Target rear sight with rounded or dome adjustment knobs with slots for screwdriver or coin.

Timmey adjustable trigger

Disc reads 6.52 with nothing in the 1,2,3 section

Stock looks like it has been refinished with only small indentations where a range chart may have been attached.

I will be receiving the loading dies, origional rear sight and anything else pretaining to this gun when he finishes cleaning out his gun room.

Almost forgot - bolt turns down.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Frank

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/24/01 8:33:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: WyomingSwede
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Frank
    Wanna sell it?

procrastinator
    (8/24/01 8:43:22 am)
    Can't sell it - we haven't even started the honeymoon yet!!

WyomingSwede
    (8/25/01 8:48:31 am)
    Congratulations....you have a fine piece there.

if original...bolt turned down...it is a calvary model 38.

the 1942 is year of manufacture and husquarvna is the factory that produced it.

crown inspection marks were stamped in every time the rifle went back into the armory to be redone. if only the last three numbers on the barrel match the serial #...it is a replacement barrel.

husquarvarna rifles had the inspectors initials on the rear sight base. inpector initials also on the stock fore end and handguard.

front sight is standard...if higher or lower than standard...there would be a number there.

as to target sights...need more info...there are over 9 different types of target sights that were used.

the CDI swan VT is the importing firm that brought the rifle into this country.

Any parts numbers with an electric pencil are replacement parts fitted on at armory..all original parts were stamped with serial #.

If I were you I would keep this one...calvary model is hard to find and will run you well over 300 big ones. If interested in some great swedish mauser info...pick up a copy of the"The Swedish Mauser Rifles" by Steve Kehaya and Joe Poyer. You can find it at most gun shows, or order from Barnes & Noble.

regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

procrastinator
    (8/25/01 10:18:22 am)
    Very much appreciate the reply.
    I haven't removed any wood yet and cannot find any numbers on the barrel. There is one crown just behind the trigger guard that I have been told means it only went bact to the armory once.
    I am sending pictures of the rear sight to Black Gun to post under Ask the Experts to see if it can be identified.

Paid $200 for the gun with loading equipment etc to follow as soon as he can get it sorted out.

Definetly a keeper!!

Thanks Again, Frank

WyomingSwede
    (8/25/01 12:06:00 pm)
    Sorry for the delayed reply...I was out of pocket yesterday. The Husquarvarna factory that produced your rifle was established in the 1700's and produces chainsaws today.
    You got a great deal on that swede....let me know how it shoots.
    Also the husquarvarna crown stampings are a little different than the ones you find on the other swedes. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

procrastinator
    (8/25/01 12:18:50 pm)
    Swede - no problem with the delay. Now for a really dumb question - what are the three positions for on the safety?

I never owned a mauser before and know nothing about them.
    Some guy kept talking about them on the various boards so I had to start looking. Seems like I hit a once upon a time deal first time out.

WyomingSwede
    (8/27/01 7:07:33 am)
    Swung all the way to the left is fire, all the way to the right is safe, straight up in the middle is safe but unlocks the bolt so you can eject the cartridge if you want. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

procrastinator
    (8/27/01 7:17:57 am)
    Thank you Sir.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/27/01 5:14:09 pm)
    procrastinator
    The safety also has to be in the middle position to disassemble the bolt. There is a thread in What it's Worth by berto64 regarding swede mausers there is a downloadable link of an english translation of an original swede operators manual

procrastinator
    (8/27/01 7:29:40 pm)
    thank you for the information. I bookmarked the whole page for future reference.