XD(M)

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by carver, May 22, 2010.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I've been looking at the new XD(M) from Springfield Armory, in.45, and I like what I've seen so far. Do any of you have this gun? If so let me hear from you. What I'm most interested in with this gun is the trigger pull.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/video_2.html
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I have been waiting for them to release this model too.
    Just got the email (yesterday?) that they have started shipping them.
    The trigger pull is why I had not got an XD model yet.
    I am curious too.
  3. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

The XDm is the cover story of the latest Handguns magazine. Here's the article's rundown, and a couple quotes.

Type: striker-fired, short recoil, locked breech, semiauto
    Calibur:9mm luger, .40 S&W
    Capacity: 19+1; 16+1
    Barrel: 3.8"
    Overall Length:7"
    Width:1.075"
    Height:5.6"
    Weight:27.5 oz.
    Slide/Frame: matte stainless or matte black melonite slide; black polymer frame
    Grips: textured, molded polymer
    Sights: steel 3-dot front and rear
    Trigger: 6 lb. 4 oz. tested; 5.5lbs.-7.7lbs. factory spec
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I can't say anything about the .45 but I bought an XD(m) in .40 a while back. I only kept the thing for a couple of weeks. The trigger was terrible and it just didn't feel good in my hand. I don't know what it was but I just did not like it!

Later I thought I would give the Springfield another chance so I bought a "regular" XD in .357 Sig. I kept that one a little longer because I couldn't find anyone who wanted it, but I did finally get rid of it for the same reasons.
  5. Prizefighter

Prizefighter New Member

Can you be more specific about what you didn't like about the trigger? The pull distance or weight? The minitrigger safety?
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I was wondering about that comment also. I owned a couple of XD's and encountered zero problems with either weapon. The report is in this forum somewhere. Excellent duty weapon without the glock dislikes. I even won a match just after break in. A trigger job can be done and is pretty simple. The mainspring housing can be changed to better fit your hand or bring up your point of aim and there is plenty of custom work available from Springfield Armory or you can do it yourself.
  7. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I went on the Springfield web site to have a look and the XDM part will not load. Tried yesterday and today. I like the looks of the XD45 compact so it may be a moot point anyway. I'm thinking that will be next on the horizon which is quite a ways away right now.
  8. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I really like my XDM 40.

I can't speak about the 45; but you can go to www.xdtalk.com and learn all you want to about any XD. They have several XDM 45 related threads and an XDM sub-forum over there.
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I have a standard XD.45 and the trigger is in the 5 lb range. Cant say I care much for the trigger safety but it is a sweet shooter;)
  10. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

Carver

I have the XDM 40 and 9. While the trigger on the M series are better, than that of the standard models they are still striker fired. I would say if you don't like the feel of a striker fire pistol then you won't like the XDM45's trigger either. Both of the M series had a bit of a gritty feel at first but that loosened up after a couple hundred rounds. The triggers on all XD's do get better with time. My 12k rd XD9SC trigger is about as smooth as I've felt out of a striker pistol.

So if you can get past the striker feel; they do make great range guns.

Happy Shooting
  11. gdmoody

I really can't totally explain what I mean about the trigger. Possibly it was the length of pull and the weight just seemed very heavy to me, I don't know for sure. It just didn't feel right to me. I shot my son's Glock .40 this morning and didn't like the trigger on it either. I guess it is just I don't like those striker fired pistols!?!?
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

the striker fired ones are a bit difficult to get used to especially if youre accustomed to a crisp 1911 trigger...
  13. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I bought a XD(m) in .40 s&w. I didn't like it at all. The "feel" just wasn't right for me. I traded it in on a regular XD service .40 s&w bi-tone. Now I'm happy.

Attached Files:

14. gdmoody

I'm glad I am not the only one that partially judges a pistol by the "feel" of it. :eek::D
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I haven't handled one yet, but you bet that if it don't feel right in my hand, it won't come home with me.