The Firearms Forum banner

XD vs. Glock for concealed carry

Tags
glock
4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  stetson 
#1 ·
Just wondering what all of you who carry on a daily basis think the pros and cons are between glocks and XDs. i carry an XD .40 sub myself and love it but i do find that it is a little fat and a little heavy. But glocks are really uncomfortable in my hand.

#3 ·
ya its the sub compact .40, holds 9+1 and has a 2 3/4" barrel.

I also think the XD is alot sexier than the glock, alot beefier too which is nice to look at but gets in the way during carry. I use a bladetech inside pant holster, no snaps or velcro, it conceals really well but i think the glocks are thinner guns and would conceal even better when carrying the way i do.

My favorite carry weapon is my P22, just stick it in my pants where my holser usually goes and it melts away. no weight, no rub, no bulge.

#4 ·
If I am not mistaken Board, A 40 caliber or 45acp or 9mm XD will always be thinner than the same caliber in a Glock, Because XD mags are metal and thinner so the grip is thinner. Where as a Glock mag is mostly plastic and has to be thicker than a metal one
The one exeption to this is the Glock 36 which is a single stack magazine Glock in 45acp

#8 ·
Board, I own Two XD's and neither are subcompact but my cop buddy carries his XD 40 all the time and it shoots circles and is way thinner than my Glock 27. So keep what you have, great pistol. If you want similar but a great deal slimmer, go with a Kahr P40 or PM40. They are half as thick as both and quality firearms that shoot great at close range.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.