XD9 SC Range Report

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Airdale, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Airdale

Airdale Member

Finally got to the range to try out my new XD 9 sub compact. All I can say is I'm very, very pleased with it's performance. I was able to to put my shots any place on the target I wanted with ease. Target at 30', nice groups. This pistol is a shooter! No feeding or ejection problems. Highly recommend for a reliable accurate carry weapon (price wasn't bad either).
  2. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

Thanks for the review! I have the 45 ACP Tactical and also really enjoy mine as well. The grip is somewhat big IMO, I suppose it would have to be to accomodate 13 rounds however my hands aren't small so it fits me well. I would like to add the XD9 SC as well as an XDm in .40 at some point.

www.gunnerforum.com www.taurusarmed.net
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Hey Taurus what did you do go over to the dark side with a Springfield? :p

I can see an XD compact in 45 in my future as well.
  4. Gene Seward

Gene Seward Member

The XD SC in .40 is equally as nice. I have this and love it. Shoots great for a sub compact and is fairly easy to carry hidden.
  5. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Airdale,

I find the sub xd9 a real treat and prefer it any day over my glock, I carry it exclusivley and plan to for years to come. BTW did the one you have come with the 13rd mag or a 10. If not I highly recommend the 13 rounder and a pierce extension for carry - what a great improvement in control and accuracy.
  6. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

Terry, I actually have had that XD for a couple of years now, maybe closer to three but I did just happen to drink the Glock koolaid and picked up a NIB 22 a couple of weeks ago. :)

Here's the XD with my PT1911.

Attached Files:

7. Airdale

Airdale Member

I got both magazines and love the extended mag. I don't even feel like I'm gripping a sub compact when I'm gripping the gun with it in.
  8. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Just brought my new to me XD 45 tactical to the freezing cold range on Saturday morning. Eat up my reloads and accuracy was great. Took me over 2 years to acquire one and I am very pleased.
  9. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Thanks for the info. I own a XD myself. Full size, .45, and am considering one in compact. I like the .45, though. But, maybe I'll get a sc instead.
    And, yes, I love my Springfield!
  10. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Bingo on the compact as that is what I'm looking for in the 45 acp although I haven't ruled out a Ruger P90. A lot bigger but a decent pistol too.
  11. gunner 20

gunner 20 New Member

I also got a XD9 SC a couple of weeks ago. Shot it last weekend at the range and it shot everything I put thru it including reloads without a hiccup. I put some hot Corbon hollowpoints thru it and it was still very controllable and recoil was not much different than standard 9mm. Excellent weapon! I'm very happy with this purchase. I just need to figure out how to conceal carry it. I'm to fat for in the waistband. Probably some high ride hip holster with a big shirt. I'm now a XD believer.

Keith
  12. JimMc

JimMc New Member

I have an xd 4" and love it. The only problem I have is it shoots low and to the left of my point of aim. To hit where I want, I have to aim high and to the right. Which way do I move my front sight to correct? I'm thinking left, to put the point of aim farther to the right.
  13. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I love my Springfield. XDM 40 never a hicup with this gun. Probably 2500 rounds through it and not one complaint. Never a ftf or fte eats any ammo I have used with it and the pretty much is way more accurate then I will ever be. Below are a few pics at 75 feet.

Attached Files: