XDM 45 vs 1911

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by weiler2029, Jan 4, 2012.

1. weiler2029

weiler2029 New Member

I just got the xdm 45 4.5" Stainless steel.
    it came with 6 mags.
    and a good price...
    if work gives me the right days off im going to try and get to the range ASAP!!
    After reading the book, I saw it says that Reloads MAY void the warranty..(page 16)
    Most books say that it WILL VOID the warranty.. ???

also Does Quality ammo mean +P??
    SA is very unclear in the terms used in there book. LOL

Range Report very soon.
  2. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Good gun...got one right by the bed...I love the XD's 14 round capacity, but wouldnt want to carry it...Ive a SW1911 Pro Series for that...

I like the Springer better than the Glock as it fits my hand perfectly where the Glock 21 doesnt....
  3. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

Hello,

Typical stuff the lawyers said to throw in.

They have no control if an inexperienced reloader overcharges the case, uses the wrong bullets, etc.

No reason not to use +P in this pistol.

I prefer the 1911, but only because I'm more familiar with it. I would take an XDm if offered.

Regards,

Josh
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Steel is forever, plastic is not. The 1911 wins.

Since the factory has no one sitting next to you while you are shooting, they have no knowledge of what you shot in it. Now, if you destroy the gun due to a reloading mistake it is not alright to try to get the manufacture to replace or fix the gun for free ... take responsibility!

But if the gun fails and you need to send it back to the manufacturer and the failure of the gun was NOT ammo related then do not mention what ammo you used, even in passing: "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies".

Car dealers/manufacturers use to use the "modifications void the warrantee". The courts pretty much put that to bed if the modification did not cause the failure. That would, I think, pertain in this case of using reloads in a new gun. When it comes to lawyers, never offer information and it is the lawyers that don't want reloads in your new gun. By the way every new gun comes with that "no reloads" warning.

LDBennett
  5. weiler2029

weiler2029 New Member

I was more wondering about the +P and
    reloading is just a ponder on the word play they used.

The 4.5" is really nice and range day feels like so far away.

I just loaded all 6 mags and maybe if im lucky I can get to range ..