XDM Comp .40 Mag Release Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by mgatc, Feb 9, 2012.

1. mgatc

mgatc New Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Florence, SC
    Hi All,

Just traded my XDM for an XDM Comp in a 40 cal.

Magazine required a considerable "smack" to get it to seat. Once seated, I was unable to push in the mag release button from either side. I pushed hard enough to leave a painful indentation on my finger.
    The only way I can remove a loaded mag is to shove it up into the grip and hold it there while pressing the mag release.
    The mag release moves perfectly fine without a magazine inserted.

Fixes???

2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Imperial, MO
    load the mag in with the slide open. If that does not do the trick, do you have floorplates on these mags?

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Take 1 round out of the magazine.