1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

XDM Comp .40 Mag Release Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by mgatc, Feb 9, 2012.

1. mgatc

mgatc New Member

Hi All,

Just traded my XDM for an XDM Comp in a 40 cal.

Magazine required a considerable "smack" to get it to seat. Once seated, I was unable to push in the mag release button from either side. I pushed hard enough to leave a painful indentation on my finger.
    The only way I can remove a loaded mag is to shove it up into the grip and hold it there while pressing the mag release.
    The mag release moves perfectly fine without a magazine inserted.

Fixes???
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

load the mag in with the slide open. If that does not do the trick, do you have floorplates on these mags?
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Take 1 round out of the magazine.