XDM Trigger Help

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by SWirsty, Nov 16, 2009.

1. SWirsty

SWirsty New Member

I have owned my new Springfield Armory XDM .40 for about 6 months now and have spent several hours at the range shooting. I just cant seem to get over how the trigger feels like i have to pull it a mile before engaging the seer and even after that it still feels pretty sloppy. It seems that i am concentrated on where i am with the trigger position more that i am on my target.

Does anyone know what i can do to improve this situation. I really like the gun itself, but the trigger is extremly annoying. I would like to have a trigger with short travel and a quick, crisp release.

Has anyone sent their XDM to Springfield Custom Shop and had any of the trigger work done? I am considering this if there are no other suggestions.

Thanks
    Swirsty
  2. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

My trigger is fine on mine. Perhaps you have something going on in there or maybe there is an adjustment. I haven't had any problems so I never investigated. Call Springfield and see what they have to say.
  3. SWirsty

SWirsty New Member

So i gave Springfield custom shop a call today and asked a few questions about the trigger job.

XD(M)™ Competition action job (Reduction of trigger pull w/reduced overtravel)……… .....................$ 165.00

They said that the overtravel reduction is a noticable difference and the trigger pull is reduced to about 4 - 5 lbs. It wont be 1911 trigger but it may feel a bit better. Now if anyone else has any ideas for this or should i start justifying the 165 bucks.

Thanks
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

For what you payed for a XD and the reputation that the XD has I would tend to think that the trigger pull should be already decent. Many manufactures went to a longer take up to protect the liability of LEO's with jumpy reflexes. SIG is going this way also. Don't know about Glock, they have there own deal. IMO I would send it to them. Trigger adjustment on the private sector is a liability and will be the DA's argument should something bad happen God forbid. Also if you adjust it and say it does something its not supposed to and its in front of the wrong person, you can go away for a long time.
  5. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Amazing, the info on here. Just read this and it helped me, also. Was wondering about the same thing on my XD(not M). Thanks!