XD's anygood?

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by LurpyGeek, Aug 17, 2006.

1. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I'm considering getting a handgun (probably wont be for some time though) and I think what I'd like is some sort of 1911 in .45 ACP. However, as I look around I find that the Springfield XD's in that same caliber are much less expensive (almost half) and generally have a larger magazine capacity. What are your thoughts on a comparison between these two pistols? I know that the 1911 is all steel (which I consider a plus) and there are several other differences, but I just thought I'd ask those who know the most.
  2. verdejt

verdejt New Member

I have an XD in 40 S&W and it shoots well and is very solid. It is heavier than a glock and maybe a little more than my Kimber 1911 but probably the same as a GI 1911. I have many all types of ammo through it and it seems to eat anything I feed it. I have the 3" model. I had to add the grip extensions to the magazine. Other than that I think it is a very solid pistol.
  3. scattergunguy

scattergunguy New Member

14 rounds of 45 ACP, into one gun..... I'd say that's pretty sweet. That's like having two 1911 pistols! I have the XD9 Service Model and I absolutely love it. I wouldn't trade it for any other 9mm handgun.
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I haven't heard anything but good from their owners
  5. kennyg

kennyg New Member

I have a Springfield 1911, XD45, Glock 19, I love them all and the XD 45 is Dead on Accurate. You should go to www.xdtalk.com and read the .45 discussion room for more info.
  6. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

This was a pistol that was rated well by me---like that means anything. That was years and years ago when it was under 300.00 as in just over 200.00 and just as good. SpringField bought them out-stamped their name on SOMETHING THEY NEVER MADE and more than doubled the price. No deal Lucile..........

LTS
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

All this discussion over XD's. Well I picked one up yesterday and can say I am impressed

Attached Files: