xfal????

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by grsmithmd, Aug 27, 2003.

1. grsmithmd

grsmithmd New Member

I have to say I know very little yet about FAL's. So please help if you can. I have a rifle with a fixed wood stock and wood fore end, heavy bipod, and large(?)sights. The only markings on it are XFAL,B2(orZ)103XX on the upper portion of the gun, and 3387 and C3A down and rearward of the first markings. I would appreciate any information on this gun. Thank you very much.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi grsmithmd and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. As far as the FAL is concerned, can you post a picture? There are four models of the weapon that I know of. Are there any other markings on the stock or receiver? Is it metric or inch? Let us know.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  3. grsmithmd

grsmithmd New Member

Unfortunately, I don't have the required materials to upload a picture. A friend currently has the gun and I spoke with him and he said there appears to be a capital K followed by a backwards-facing capital C. I am a real novice so I have to ask, how do tell if it is metric or inch? Thanks so much for you help.
  4. grsmithmd

grsmithmd New Member

I finally got a picture of my XFAL to post and I have some information that this gun was somehow associated with Pars International company, but where was it made and what is it worth? Thank you.

[​IMG]
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Hello, grsmithmd. Welcome to the forum.

We hope you will join us often and that you will post often. The answers to your questions will be forthcoming as we have a good bunch of congenial folks here who are quite knowledgable on the subject(s) at hand.
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, I'm stumped. This may be a "kit" gun put together on a new receiver. I'm stumped because I can find no reference to Pars Int'l nor the proof marks of the K with backward C. The other stumper is that the forearm is from a heavy barreled version of the FN-LAR. that is why so much barrel is exposed. the bipod appears to be original, and if it had the right forearm, then the bipod would fold into the forearm cutouts and be made of the same material as the shoulder stock (plastic). As for value, i'd say pick up a copy of shotgun news and see if you can find the maker advertised or the weapon for sale. The ones I have seen had very low shooter value, maybe $350. I have also seen a lot of Israeli IMI guns and they do not look like that one. Sorry.

Ran a google search on Pars Intl and got a hit on the Iran Yellow Pages! Go figure.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2003