1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    a very long time ago i had the xp100 in 221 fireball and it was my favorite ground hog gun.the ammo started to get scarce and at that time the word was new ammo was to be dropped due to other calibers,well they are still making the 221 fireball and my gun is long gone.my question is this,the xp100 is still out there and the going prices start at about 700.00 and go to 1400.00.i have the oppertunity to buy one from a friend but it has been rechambered to 223.i know this because a did it for him.i told him at the time it would deminish the value but he insisted.my question to you guys is if anybody has an idea of value since its no longer stock.it still shoots great and i dont care that its 223. old semperfi
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

The shops around here are asking right around $700 for like nw to very nice condition plastic-stocked 10" .221 XPs.
    If you get into the newer wood stocked variants with longer barrels (like 14" .223 or 6x47) then the price jumps up to around the $1000 mark. The XP100Rs will go for well over a grand but I haven't seen any on the shelves for quite a while up here.
    These are retail prices in the shops. I haven't seen an XP come up privately around here for 8-10 years or so...plastic 10" for $400.
    That seems to be pretty much what you've got noted for prices.

Since it's a .221 rechamber job, I'm assuming it's a 10"?
    If so, that's a pretty stumpy barrel for efficient use of the .223 case but since it's a viable cartridge I wouldnt' think the rechamber job would affect the value much at all.
    It might even increase the value a bit if you decide to resell in the future since .223 is still a lot easier to find than .221.

If you did the work, then you know the quality of the job. :)