Y must I pay school tax ???

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by mad mother, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mad mother

mad mother Former Guest

Y the heck must I pay school tax when I don't send any kids to school ? This is unconstitutional as hell ! Taxation without representation. !!!
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

It's not unconstitutional.

The tax rate is heinous at the least, but that's what ya get to vote for.
  3. Ed~

Ed~ New Member

Why must I pay for the Police? I got my own guns to protect me and mine!

And I don't recall the last time my or any immediate neighbors' houses caught fire. I shouldn't have to pay for them lazy firemen cookin' BBQ all the time.

Come to think of it I don't have kids but my neighbors do. They're always talking about home-schooling them anyway. Maybe we should all just home school and cut down on costs. Everyone's kids stay at home when they sleep don't they? Why not just keep'em there rather than bus them around to some school where you have to pay for teachers and a janitor!

I just don't get this world... all them useless services we all have to pay for through taxes!

And the sewers! Don't get me started about my constipation... If a bear can sh*t in the woods well that's good enough for me & my neighbors.

Just kidding, MadMom... BTW the quote in your signature line is more often attributed to Benjamin Franklin than Ron Paul.
  4. mad mother

mad mother Former Guest

Where in the constitution does it say homeowners must pay school. tax ? Meanwhile a Mexican family renting an apartment sending four kids to public school pays nada . That is taxation without representation and I beg to differ IS unconstitutional. I should fight this and draw up a petition. since I have time on my hands. I shall call my senator, nice guy John Cornyn.
  5. joel6180

joel6180 New Member

Thank you Ed, you saved me from composing a response.
  6. prof_fate

prof_fate Former Guest

You have representation, so go to meetings (school board, state etc) and get the law changed to something else.

But educating folks is good for society and our communities. Free public schools go way back in US history so you're not going to get that changed - have a town vote and you won't get it changed.

OK, so you the taxpayer is gonna pay for the schools. The only question is how? In PA it's mostly by property tax. Some states use the lottery or income tax. Maybe the lottery would work - just don't buy lottery tickets and you're not paying for schools!

This is the issue with health care. Simple question: Should everyone have it? OK, if yes, then how do we pay for it? Individually as we more or less do now, or collectively like we pay for roads and schools and such?

You will always have the issue that some use it and some don't. I paid for schools for a lot of years and now that my kids are in them i'm getting the use of all that money.

I pay insurance - car, homeowners, business, life. I've paid in a whole lot more than I've taken out. But that's the way the system works.

I could reform health care...but too many companies are making way too much profit and therefore can afford to influence those that have the power to change things. I hope obamacare goes into force - I think it's designed to implode the system - as that's about the only way we'll get change.

Who should pay for college or tech schools?
  7. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

Suggest you change your perspective. You derive a "corporate benefit" from supporting schools ! First the physical plant can be used for public functions . Second - and perhaps most importantly - "school" serves as a means of creating functional adults capable of taking a responsible place in society ! >MW
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:eek:hmygosh::banghead::crazy::rant::crazy::barf:
  9. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

It is not taxation without representation. You have representatives in local, state and federal government. You may not like or agree with them, but you do have them.

I do agree with your premise though. It is ridiculous that someone living in an apartment with 4 kids in school doesn't have to pay any towards their education but a homeowner with no kids has to.
  10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I agree. Reading and writing are overrated. Math is just another big waste of time.
  11. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

It is not taxation without representation. You have representatives in local, state and federal government. You may not like or agree with them, but you do have them.

The constitution deals with the Federal government, not state and local.

I think you need some lessons in government, from your statements, your knowledge seems very limited.

I do agree with your premise though. It is ridiculous that someone living in an apartment with 4 kids in school doesn't have to pay any towards their education but a homeowner with no kids has to.
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Those taxes are built into the rent they pay. Don't kid yerself if ya think the landlord hasn't taken that into account.
  13. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

had to pay more in calli,compare to arky now,BUT if the schools,[administration],say they will promote more basket wea- ving classes, I might think about it.
  14. prof_fate

prof_fate Former Guest

Not true at all.
    The renter is paying rent to the building owner who uses that money to pay the taxes on the building. And rent is almost always more than than if you owned the building.

If I rented out my house I'd charge more than it's costing me to live here in mortgage/taxes and upkeep.
  15. Juker

Juker New Member

Because you drew the wrong Monopoly card.

Attached Files:

16. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    You are correct up to a point! The folks renting the apt., with 4 kids, are not paying anything. Their rent is paid for by those in America that work, and pay taxes. Just like they don't have to pay for food, or cell phones, or gasoline, or lap tops, etc!!! And they don't pay taxes either!
  17. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy New Member

I agree Bob, this is the premise that makes my blood boil when I hear the Libs make out like raising taxes on the "super rich" will solve anything. The rich for the most part own businesses and provide services, who in their right mind doesn't know that they're just gonna pass their tax increase along to the cosumer?
    Who in their right mind? Did I just answer my own question?:confused:
  18. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

When the lottery was first put into practice in Illinois, the legislatures bragged that it would bring in more money than the schools could ever spend and prevent the need for tax increases forever. Now, the schools are broke, the state is broke, taxes are higher, only the representatives are richer. Hmmm?
  19. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Aint that the truth.
  20. Poppypaul

Poppypaul Member

Mad Mother:
    Because that is the price we pay for Civilization!
    It is not taxation without representation. YOUR representatives voted for a certain level of taxation at ALL levels of government. If you do not like what they have done vote them out.