Y must I pay school tax ???

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by mad mother, Feb 29, 2012.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    You are correct up to a point! The folks renting the apt., with 4 kids, are not paying anything. Their rent is paid for by those in America that work, and pay taxes. Just like they don't have to pay for food, or cell phones, or gasoline, or lap tops, etc!!! And they don't pay taxes either!
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy New Member

I agree Bob, this is the premise that makes my blood boil when I hear the Libs make out like raising taxes on the "super rich" will solve anything. The rich for the most part own businesses and provide services, who in their right mind doesn't know that they're just gonna pass their tax increase along to the cosumer?
    Who in their right mind? Did I just answer my own question?:confused:
  3. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

When the lottery was first put into practice in Illinois, the legislatures bragged that it would bring in more money than the schools could ever spend and prevent the need for tax increases forever. Now, the schools are broke, the state is broke, taxes are higher, only the representatives are richer. Hmmm?
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Aint that the truth.
  5. Poppypaul

Poppypaul Member

Mad Mother:
    Because that is the price we pay for Civilization!
    It is not taxation without representation. YOUR representatives voted for a certain level of taxation at ALL levels of government. If you do not like what they have done vote them out.
  6. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

Yep, we have hidden taxes, double taxes, unfair taxes, and Obama and Congress keeps spending like a bunch of drunks on a binge.

Political spin,double talk, and stonewalling are what the American people are left with. How can we overcome the goobley gook that is served up by Washington? Somehow American citizens must unite and limit the off the wall politicians from clouding the water with their "on the other hand" decisions that are not in the common good.

We must limit terms of office that government servants serve. Sure some good guys will be affected. But, the Deadwood will be gone! We will then be able to concentrate on the "real" issues at hand that effect the majority.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  7. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

MadMother forgets that someone like her, had to pay taxes to educate her.
  8. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

gvw3, you funny. Surely the kids are home schooled.
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Its the only funny thing I could think of to answer this post. I can't believe some one would think like this.
    :)
  10. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Firemen saved my life. When they arrived ( 911 ), I was clinically dead, no signs of life. I had bled to death in our hallway in 2005 ( 5 ulcers ). I went down, and my wife called. They were here in 5 minutes, so says my wife.

They can have whatever I'm paying, as long as we are able to pay it. That one instance covered everything we did, and will pay.

My heartfelt thanks.
  11. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm one of the few that agrees with mad mother.
    The more money they throw at schools the worse they get.
    If they actually taught the kids how to read and write, it might not be such a bad bargain, but there's way too much liberal brainwashing that takes precedence over reading, writing and hard science.
  12. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

We definitley got to have emergency services. Well worth the money
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

OK someone living in an apartment IS paying into the Tax system for public schools. Just not directly.

Go and see how much the the tax is on an apartment complex. I bet you it is much higher than that of a single family home. A portion of the rent they pay is taken by the landlord/ owner to pay for the property tax. So indirectly they are paying into the system. It is really not that hard to understand.

What is illegal is what they do to me in VA. I pay sales TAX in my car when I buy it. Then to own that car in my county I have to pay a Personal Property Tax every year to the county. In my eyes that is double taxation as they are taxing me twice for the same thing.

We pay $1.01 for every $100 in home value. So an average $150,000 home is going to cost you $1515 in yearly property taxes. How much does an apartment complex cost? Figure a 50 unit complex for a cool $1 million. That is $10,001 a year in property taxes. So Each unit pays $202 a year for property taxes. It is much less for them but they are still paying from the way I see it.