Ya gotta try this!

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by Pistolenschutze, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Got stuck making dinner tonight since the wife has to work the graveyard shift. I was looking for something to fix that was a bit out of the ordinary and came upon this. The wife liked it so much, I may get stuck making dinner again soon. Anyway, it's easy to make and provides basically a full meal all in one, though you might want to add a salad to go with it.

MEXICALI PORK CHOPS

You need four to six pork chops.
    1/2 to 1 cup chopped green peppers (I used two peppers and that seemed about right).
    1/2 cup chopped onion (more if you like onions).
    1 sixteen ounce can of diced tomatoes.
    1 eight ounce can of whole kernal corn (or you can use frozen, I did).
    1 eight ounce can of red kidney beans.
    1/2 to 1 cup of long grain rice (depending on how much you like rice).
    1/2 to to 1 cup water (depending on how much rice you used).
    1 four ounce can green chili peppers, mild or hot, depending on taste.
    A few dashes of hot pepper sauce. You can also add a dash or two of Cheyenne pepper if you like it a bit hotter.

Salt and pepper the chops and then brown them in a skillet with a little oil.
    Remove the chops and set aside for the time being.
    In the same skillet, cook the green peppers and onions together until tender but not browned.
    Stir in undrained tomatoes, corn, uncooked rice, kidney beans, water, chilis, hot pepper sauce and about a teaspoon of salt.
    Bring to a boil.
    Turn the mixture into a baking dish.
    Place the browned pork chops on top.
    Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
    You're done!

Yummy stuff! :D
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Mmmmmmm! What time is supper? ;)
  3. Give that recipe a try, SoMo. As a Southerner, it is axiomatic that you like pork chops (;) ), and this is one of the best recipes for them I've ever tasted. What's so nice about it is that the stuff you cook the chops in is as tasty as the chops themselves.
  4. rosierita

rosierita New Member

i've got some pork chops in the freezer from the hog that we butched in dec....:p

i'll be trying this recipe out very soon.:D
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

To darn HOT, Pistol.

I can't eat anything that has pepper, especially hot ones, in it.

Love pork chops, though !!!! :)
  6. Texman

Texman New Member

Durn good stuff, we tried it last night and it worked.. MAN,, it made a huge pot of stuff!! Way to much for just the two of us, but I did save the recipie and will cut it back when just the two of us. Thanks!!
  7. Glad you enjoyed it!

Yup, Tex, you do get plenty of stuff with that receipe, but cutting it down by half or so is obviously easy to do. My wife liked the rice stuff so much, she carried the leftovers to work with her for lunch. It's just as good warmed over as when fresh.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007