yahoo mail users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JasonS, Oct 14, 2012.

1. JasonS

JasonS New Member

anyone know how to make the random strangers wanting to contact you boxes stop popping up?

I couldnt find anything, it says so and so wants to contact you or whatever, I hate it. Then you gotta clear it 3 times or hit leave page. Please help.
  2. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    I quit using Yahoo mail the moment they wouldn't let me log into my account without providing a cell phone number for "account verification".
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I never even noticed them until recently, I just click the x on the tab and close it. Pretty obnoxious.
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Dump yahoo mail for gmail (The best free email out there) or hotmail or any of a thousand other emails. Yahoo mail is the worst because yahoo doesn't put the restrictions on it nor do they run the kind of av and malware scans that google, msn, or many others use.
  5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Up at the top left, where it says, "Hi Jason", it also says, "Sign Out" and "Options".

Click options. You get a drop-down box. One of them is "messenger options". Click it. You get another drop down box. Click everything that says "Block".
  6. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Right click and block eventually they will all go away.
  7. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

some of us don't have that option.. yahoo servers now handle AT&T mail...
  8. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Windows Live hosts my work email. I send and receive mail as my work email address from my Gmail account.

I have to log in to Windows Live every so often so they don't close the account. Other than those times, I'm never on there. I don't even know the frequency; I just put it on my Google calendar and log in whenever the calendar tells me to.
  9. robman2629

robman2629 New Member

I deleted mine as well, kept getting hacked and spam was being sent to my alternate email 100's of times a day.
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Actualy, I don't mind those popups on ymail and ymessenger. I enjoy flagging them as spam as soon as I see them :D

Pops
  11. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

why do you not have an option?

just start a gmail or hotmail account and dump yahoo. They are dying anyways. I give them 3 years tops before they are defunct so far they are not even on the web.

Email sucks
    Search sucks
    yahoo.com sucks
  12. soundguy

I'm guessing you ignored or did not read my message at all.

AT&T email is handeld on yahoo servers. (now- wasn't up until just recently)

My email is AT&T.

i've had my email address since 1990

that's going on 23 years of contacts. I'm not changing out 45 thousand contacts! and hoping I don't loose any of them on a whim just to change email addresses like underwear. :(
  13. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Gmail.
    have not had any problems
  14. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Read it just fine. It is not that hard to switch. Export all your contacts into a ical file. Then sign up for gmail or hotmail and upload them to gmail or hotmail.

Really it is that easy.

My ISP (Comcast) gives me an email. I check it 1 a month.

The only thing keeping yahoo alive is the AT&T Deal. I mean really they hired a CEO that LIED on his resume. I am not talking about a little lie he said he had a degree from X university and in fact had never even set foot on that campus.

Untitled3.png
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
  15. soundguy

i use a mail client.. not the web mail.
  16. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

This is one thing I have yet to figure out. People get a webmail service like yahoo, gmail, hotmail then use outlook express or outlook only the two worst mail clients out there. Yes I know about thunderbird it is only marginally better than outlook.

It is webmail for a reason. So you never have to use a client to get to your mail.

Just saying no big deal to me.

PS every mail client out there will export contacts into a ical, csv, or other format.
  17. soundguy

i see csv and vcard as an otion.. not ical.

there are other tangible benefits for using client based mail .
  18. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Really? I've never heard of that, I have 3 "junk" Yahoo em boxes, can access the main one anytime on my laptop or cell.

ALSO you need a Yahoo account to play the Yahoo sports games...which I like.

GMail, have one, never use it. They've had their problems too.
  19. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Oh after I left aol . com like millions of others I went to Yahoo and also use their homepage...I like it.

I guess it's what you get used to using -and- don't have any problems with you use.
  20. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

i rarely open anything from gmail. mostly spam. if I ddon't know you it gets deleted. never had a problem with yahoo mail, just make sure you set your security correctly