Yahoo slurpspiders

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by 300 H&H, Apr 29, 2007.

1. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

this morning ther are many yahoo slurpspider viewing this web site. Look in the who is online forum and you will see what I mean. Are they member? guests? what are they?
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

They, along with googlebots and all the others you see from time to time, are web crawlers for the various search engines. They are not actual persons. They crawl through web sites (hence the slang, "spiders"), adding information to their search databases. TFF pages that are crawled today will show up in future web searches.
  3. 300 H&H

300 H&H Active Member

Thank you Southernmoss, That makes sence.Just wondered what they were, as their was a lot of the this mourning . Kirk
  4. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Uh, I'm curious, what is a "yahoo slurpspider?" And how do you know if you have them?;) It sounds kind of ominous....
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

I have a can of Raid if anyone needs to borrow it
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Polish, if you have to ask, it's already too late. They've obviously already begun the assimilation process on you ...
  7. Polish, just think of the movie, "Night of the Living Dead" and you'll get it. :D

Oops, sorry, Polish. It's too late for you. We lose more darn Polacks that way. :D ;) :p