Y'all have got to read what Cannon Safes just did for me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluesea112, Apr 11, 2012.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

As many of you know, my house burned this past New Years Eve. I had a Cannon Fire Safe in the room next to where the fire started. By the time the fire department put out the fire, my safe was nice and crispy. As a matter of fact, the fire was so hot that it welded the quarters together that I had in a jar on top of the safe. The safe did what it was suppose to do and nothing inside was damaged.
    I was so impressed with the safes performance that I was going to buy another Cannon Safe to replace the crispy one. I was looking around Cannon's website and decided to see what kind of warranty they offered compared to other safe manufacturers. What I read absolutely shocked me. Their warranty said that they will replace a safe "free of charge" if it is damaged in a house fire or damaged during a burglery attempt.
    I could not believe what I was reading, so I did not get my hopes up. I figured they would make me jump through hoops for months, fill out pages and pages of paperwork, and eventually figure out a way to wiggle out of the warranty. BOY WAS I WRONG!
    I called Cannon's warranty department on a Friday afternoon and told them my safe was damaged in a house fire. The warrantly representative said that all I needed to do was fax them a copy of the fire report, the model of the safe, and tell them when and where I had purchased it.
    On Monday I got a copy of the fire report from the fire department, and I wrote down the model number, year I had bought it, and the store I bought it from on a sheet of paper. At the bottom of the page I wrote my name, address, and phone number.
    I faxed those two pages to Cannon on MONDAY AFTERNOON. Cannon did not call me to verify my information or call to ask me any questions. On THURSDAY AFTERNOON I received a call from a freight company saying that they had a 700 lbs delivery for me.. The freight company delivered the safe Friday morning and it did not cost me a single dime.

Cannon sent me a brand new replacement fire safe and did not even charge me shipping!!!

If you are in the market for a fire safe, then do yourself a favor and buy a CANNON. They take care of their customers like no other company I have ever dealt with in my life. I am still in shock.

Cannon came through for me when I was down, and I only had to make that one phone call to tell them my safe was damaged in a house fire.

Cannon is a pretty amazing company if you ask me.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

good to know

glad they keep their word no fuss too
  3. Guts3d

Guts3d Active Member

When I am finally able to afford a gun safe, you can bet it will be a Cannon! Thaks for the tip.
  4. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Wow! Great story, and thanks for the info. Customer service is the most important thing about any product that I buy. Sounds like Cannon feels the same way. When I buy my safe, I will make it a Cannon for sure.
    Thanks again,
    Donnie D:D
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's great. With customer service and customer satisfaction like this, Canon can guarantee business for itself.
  6. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

The Canon folks are definitely good people. They once FedExed me a gift of premium ice cream packed in Styrofoam and dry ice because I called their attention to a small defect that I fixed myself.
  7. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

...................and that's why I bought a Cannon Safe too. :cool: Their Warranty is one of the best in the industry. It's a sturdy, well built safe that is not only fire resistant up to a 1 hour, but also flood resistant. I sleep well knowing my guns and other valuables are being well taken care of inside my Cannon.

BTW, I bought mine online through COSTCO and got a super deal on it delivered to the front door. They DO weigh 700 lbs. or more depending on the style you get, so I went to Home Depot and rented an appliance dolly for a couple of bucks and got one of the strong neighbors to help me wrestle it into place. Unfortunately, the truck drivers doing the delivery won't participate in putting the safe inside your house.

Cool deal OP, congratulations! :)
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  8. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I spent some time with the Cannon Safe guys at SHOT and I must say they are top notch guys who really stand behind their products. I am glad to see they took care of you.
  9. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:thumbsup: AWESOME!!

thanks for letting us know, i'll definately remember this when we buy one.
  10. Sorrowful Jones

Sorrowful Jones New Member

WoW.. Good Deal!!! Glad that worked out for you. By chance did you take any pics of the safe after the fire and/or the contents?
  11. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

That Amazing, I will have to look into those safes right now. Thanks for posting
  12. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Thats a great story.Glad the fixed you up.
  13. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

While "most" of the reports you hear about companies now days are BAD, it is nice to hear a GOOD report. Glad they treated you right.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  14. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I did not take any photos of the contents, because the contents were not harmed at all. Now the exterior of the safe is a different story. I will try to remember to take some photos of the safe that was in the fire and get them posted.

Once again, THANK YOU CANNON!
  15. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Best advertising in the world, GOOD SERVICE!

Maybe you can write a letter or do a commercial or ad with them, spread the word as a real customer and not an actor.

How refreshing.
  16. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

great so happy for you
  17. Lyman

Lyman New Member

Wow. A story like this lets me know that there still are some great companies out there that still focus on Customer Service. When I buy a safe it will probably be a Cannon.
  18. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Glad you came out ok! Maybe you could send Cannon a link to this thread. I'm sure that they would muchely appreciate it.
  19. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

That's why I have three of them, you can't beat their customer service. The first one I ordered would have taken a couple of weeks longer to deliver so they offered to upgrade to a much better model, one with a price almost double of the one I ordered, I accepted the offer and within a week I had my safe. They will get my money for every safe I need.
  20. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Wow, very impressive. Two thumbs up from here.