Yeah... So I might kinda sorta need help...

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ShooterBoy33, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ShooterBoy33

ShooterBoy33 Former Guest

I don't know how to disassemble my FN Herstal .40, and I am fairly certain it needs a thorough clean up before I go lay my thing down saturday for my carry permit.

Any of you enthusiasts have helpful links or instructions on how I might get my gunsmith on?
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you want workshop strip or just field strip ?

and the full model is ? HP or?
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. ShooterBoy33

Whichever you advise.

I thought fn herstal was the full name :/

One side says fn herstal sa
    The other says fortynine .40 s & w

Ill upload pics in a sec
  4. ShooterBoy33

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

5. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

should be the same:
    How to Disassemble the High Power HP-35
    HP Pavilion Z E4900 Disassembly Instructions

Print this article

Instructions

Slide Lock

Push the slide backward from the front to the rear of the handgun and hold this in place. The slide is is the top portion of the gun that actuates forward and backward.

Lock the slide in place by moving the slide lock lever up while the slide is held back. The slide lock is a small lever that moves up and down near the back of the gun, just below the slide and above the grip area.

Sponsored Links
    HP® - Make it Matter
    See How We Make Technology Work For You. Connect With HP® Today.
    www.HP.com/MakeitMatter

With the slide locked in place, identify the pin in the center of the handgun. This pin is a part of the slide release lever. The slide release lever is on the left side of the gun and is what is used to release the slide and is located about mid-frame, just below the slide on the left side of the gun.

With the slide locked in place, pull out the slide release lever and the attached pin. This can also be slightly pushed from the other side to get it started.

With the slide release lever removed, you can now remove the entire slide. The slide is removed by holding the slide and then releasing the slide lock (the same lever used in step 2). With the slide lock removed, the slide will move forward and can be slid off the frame of the gun forward and upward.

With the slide removed, the internal portions of the slide can now be removed. First will be removal of the spring and pin mechanism. This mechanism can be found in the underside of the upper mechanism (the slide mechanism) that was just removed. Slight pressure forward will allow you to remove the spring and pin mechanism from inside the upper frame (slide mechanism). Slide this out of the inside of the upper mechanism.

After the spring and pin mechanism is removed, the barrel can be removed. The barrel will now be loose and can be slid downward and backward for removal. The barrel is also found inside the upper frame (slide mechanism). You now have a fully field-disassembled Browning Hi-Power handgun.

Read more: How to Disassemble the Browning HP | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5782765_disassemble-browning-hp.html#ixzz20P0bc47m
  6. ShooterBoy33

Thanks!

Btw, my gun series, the forty nine, has been discontinued since 08...
    I got jipped :(
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

you didnt get jipped. Its still a good gun, they just werent selling so smart marketing says scrap the series for a better model that does sell.

Its business.
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

You didn't get jipped. FN makes good stuff.
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

heck find me a new unused 1911 a1 i'll buy it ... not gyped its a great pistol