Yep, my uncle finally made the news. Yuppies don't like him shooting.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Sep 25, 2009.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Previously mentioned on this forum, my county was considering a new gun control ordinance for the purpose of appeasing dumb people who move to the country down south due to the allure of cheap slab cookie-cutter homes... :rolleyes: This is the previously-posted thread about the ordinance... http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=67222

I was worried at first when he called to tell me what happened but I respect him for what he offered to stand up for... :)

My uncle was shooting on a small portion of his and my other uncle's 35 acres when a damned yuppy liberal yankee from a local slab farm subdivision called the county deputies on him, and also the local news channel. The moron claimed that bullets were whizzing by his head... Totally untrue from the vantage point of where Mike was shooting... :rolleyes: (Mental Note: I need to take the AK over there and burn 500 or so rounds soon! :D) The news and the county deputy showed up. The deputy admitted that he could do nothing and simply conveyed the grievance to my uncle. The news reporter didn't take the interview immediately but when Mike showed up at a local pawn shop to purchase a new Ruger Mk. III 22/45 a couple of hours later she saw him there and took the chance for the interview. (Ironic, huh?... :D) I'm just danged sickened at the northern 'immigrant' effect we've seen around here. If you don't understand the culture, then go the heck home! It's annoying!... :mad:

Here's the interview... I do wish that I had been there! :D

http://www.foxcarolina.com/video/21114112/index.html
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Amazing, ain't it? I feel his pain and can empathize.

When we first built our ranch and got things going, we had animal control called on us by a newbee in our area that came up from the flatland city. Their complaint was the number of horses we had put on the ranch (26). The county ordinance is 4 per acre up to 10 acres (40 horses for 10 acres). Beyond the 10 acres, there are no stipulations.

So I told our animal control officer that when I had 161 horses here (our ranch is 40 acres), I'd still be legal and then I would talk to her. :p

Nothing pisses me off more than city dwellers that bring their city baggage. No different than those that buy a home near the airport and complain about the noise later. What?! Did you wake up one morning and they had built an international airport near your home while you slept?:rolleyes:

But, we are seeing more liberal pukes moving to the country and quite frankly, I believe it is a planned tactic.
  3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Hey Sarge, my cousin lives on a city street in a local town. She has a Mastiff that is HUGE! He's a lazy boy but he's big! :D He's a big sweatheart named Romeo. She has him in a 10x10 ft. pen but a local do-gooder dumbarse called animal control on her because she felt that he was too large for his pen. Animal control came out and said that the neighbor idiot had no claim, and then left. I HATE neighbors! :mad:
  4. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    FLAT LANDERS...
    Don't get me started:mad:
  5. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I think it more emasculated city types that spend most of their time shopping for Italian wing-tips...
  6. kutaho

kutaho New Member

FLAT LAND CITY SLICKERS...
    Don't get me started:mad::rolleyes::D:D
  7. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

All I would say is, "Oh well, his fault for not ducking." and "He should just go back up north with the rest of his butt-buddies." :D
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

The types you speak of are generally from the Northeastern or Midwestern US around these parts. They understand NOTHING of what the area is where they relocated. They are however willing to contact local law enforcement whenever it isn't 'like it was up north (aka: NAAAAARRRRRTHHHHH)'. :rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  9. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Things are reversed in these parts.
    Its those from the south that
    are screwing things up here.
    We now have only two 'red' counties
    left in the state. Coos, and Curry.
    I Live In Coos.
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I feel for 'ya Kutaho. I realize who is to your 'south' and that's scary stuff! In my area, I'm about mad as heck and I'm looking for outlets to speak out. My opinion is that Southern Hospitality should take a couple of years off. A-holes moving into our area need to realize that we're friendly people who like to maintain our livelihoods and hobbies. Moving in doesn't give you priority to change everything we do. :mad:
  11. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Yep, don't follow the philosophy of the cow:rolleyes:
  12. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

Cows have a philosophy? You got some splainin' to do. Florida cows only eat and ... you know.
  13. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

First off can we stop bvashing the people from the North,As I live farther north than most of you.Up here we call them Cityits( city idiots) the one by my buddy said at a town meeting that"the smell of manure was getting to her and she wants the farmers to stop spraying it on the fields."
  14. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Behind ya on that Kieran, I used ta be the guy running the manure spreader:eek:
    I did wear a hat:D:D:D
  15. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

You are right. It is not a North/South issue. Urbanites would be more specific. I never understood why people move to the country, and then try to change it.