Yep, my uncle finally made the news. Yuppies don't like him shooting.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Sep 25, 2009.

1. SaddleSarge

SaddleSarge New Member

Yeah, right in your pants...about the time you make'm feel good. :eek:

Sorry, old cowboy joke. :eek:
  2. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    :D:D:D
    Yep
    :D:D:D
  3. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

That same lady has a land lease with the farmer across the road(to reduce her property taxes)last fall the farmers young helper was deer hunting the property and stepped on to her side so she had him charged for trespassing.Don't like the hunting thing or guns.
  4. kutaho

kutaho New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    Bloody flat landers (city slikers, cityids)
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

The farmer got her back he stopped plowing her field and they tripled her taxes.
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Same thing here in New Mexico, at least this part of NM. All of these CA people are finding out that if they sell their little house there for a million bucks they can build a bigger house and have over an acre of land to themselves.

Beings that I usually open carry I get all the dirty looks, snide comments and the plane ole fear from these city folks. Its like they have never seen a firearm in the hands (holstered) of a law abiding civilian before. I guess they think that they moved to the wild west or some alternative universe and they don’t like it.

I do talk to some of these folks if I have the time and they have the guts to ask reasonable questions. Usually we have a good conversation and they learn a little bit about that old wrinkled document called the Constitution and our state laws. Every now and then, they are so liberal that no amount of logic can sink in. These are the people that I do tell them to go back to California where they think the police will actually protect them.

Speaking of that, a great way to usually find a liberal is to ask, “Do you think that a police officer’s job is to protect YOU?”

I just hope that these liberal morons don’t vote.
  7. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Yes, you are correct and I appologize. The majority of the people who move here are 'cityits' by your definition. It appears that the people up north who live in the country are generally satisfied where they are. Or, perhaps they just keep to themselves when they relocate south?... Hmmm?... :confused:
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That is similar to what's going on here Marlin but a little different. The subdivisions going up here back during the housing boom were relatively low-grade homes for the area. They sat on 0.6 acres, the minimum for having a septic tank, and they were all thrown up faster than a gingerbread house. They ranged from $55,000 to $130,000 in the area in question. The people who moved there were generally people from up north looking to start over in a lower cost of living area with more jobs. This area was really booming a few years back and some might say that it still is... These people moved from highly restrictive firearms states (generally the Northeast) and are not used to the relaxed SC laws. Heck, that's why they should have researched the area FIRST! :rolleyes: In any case, they do want to change the area to be more like where they came from. Talking to them, that's all they rant about for the first couple of years here. If I don't hear, "that's not the way we did it up naaaarth" again I must not be listening.

To elaborate on the north/south thing, let me say this. It is not unprovoked. The usual person who relocates to my area is from the northeast or midwest. Some genuinely like the area but they're RARE. Most will go on and on with you about how much better it is up north. My current neighbor is like that. He went on and on about how 'lazy' southerners are before he asked me if I was from the area. I said, 'yes'. That conversation wrapped up pretty quick. I've been accused of sounding more like I'm from the midwest and I guess he thought the same. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I agree that not all folks from up north are buttholes. There are many good people on this forum from up north. I have met good friends in college from up north. A guy from NJ was in my wedding... :eek: This situation however, deals primarily with people from up north who moved here and now want to change the place. That annoys me and that's why I'm alluding to 'northerners'. I apologize to those good people here who happen to live closer to the north pole than I. ;)
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

That really pisses me off! The morons move somewhere, then do nothing but b**** and moan about how "it was better up north/in CA/in NY/ etc." Well then, all I can tell them is TAKE YOUR STUPID A** BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: I go to chruch with a guy from NY. Born and raised. Him and his wife both. He HATES NY! He told me more than once that you couldn't pay him enough to go back to NY. He said he even hates seeing NY tags on cars around here.:D He's very conservative.:D:D So they're not all bad. But it seems that the vast majority of them that I meet ARE bad:mad::mad: Just because they're brainwashed into being compliant, non-violent lemmings that think the police will magically appear to protect them doesn't mean that I'm like that nor do I want to be like that!
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

bcj, I think the essence of this problem is that people generally, no matter where they're from, hate change. Since it's mainly northerners moving here, they're the ones complaining. If southerners were moving north I'm sure we'd complain and want it the way it was where we were from. I see it in my job lately that if I change anything that an operator does, even if it's for the better, they hate me. People can't stand to have their routine or their lives changed, even if they're responsible for the change. It's for this reason that I call BS on the (p)resident's claim that the people mandated change in the last election. No sir. People HATE change! People elected you out of guilt... ;)
  11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Good point. But you don't see people from the South moving up north and demanding change. It's just the liberal yankee a**holes that come down here and try to turn this place into the southern version of NY:mad::mad::mad:
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Oh they vote all right.

In the Peoples Republik of Warshington they vote 2 or 3 times. Heck, even dead folks get to vote. They'ed even like to extend the right to convicted felons!:mad:

Legally I can open carry here as well. But after 30 years of liberal domination, they decided to add a little caveat to my right. Seems if someone is offended by the sight of my carrying, I am now a criminal.:eek:
    So much for open carry rights.:rolleyes:
  13. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I hate to bring it up at a time like this, but..........remember the last election?

(Stage whisper) they did vote, and they chose ....um.....poorly.
  14. njretcop

njretcop New Member

Not everyone who lives in a blue state, or a city, is a liberal! ;)
  15. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

You Southerners would soon start complaining when your were waist deep in snow.