The Firearms Forum banner

yet another learning experience

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  68c15 
#1 ·
what I learned today: ALWAYS keep the speed loader with the gun.

waiting for parts for a suburban so I figured I may as well get familiar with my new 92FS. just to be safe I emptied all 3 17 rnd. mags and checked things out. ok, everything looks good and trigger is quite smooth. time to put it away, but first I better reload the mags. huh, I left the speed loader on my bench at home. oh well, it can't be that hard can it? YES it is !!!! even with using a pencil eraser it was a major PITA. I may go so far as to attach it to the gun case with a janitor style retractable key ring so I have it handy and never loose it.

#2 ·
yep, the last 5 or 6 rounds of a double stack mag can be a bear. I lucked out, the Safari Land mag loader I bought for the wife's Ruger P95 also works with my 92 FS

#5 ·
I have to ask, why would you empty all of your mags? There I sit with an unloaded gun, and the SHTF! I might unload one, but not all of them!:eek::D

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.