1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

YO Blackgun

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/13/01 5:07:22 pm)
    | Edit | Del All YO Blackgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tellme what u mean by the "blue screen of death". and what is CPU as in cpu fan? thanx

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/13/01 5:36:13 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: YO Blackgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB, the blue screen of death is a system failure. You will go from your on screen programming to a blue screen that will tell you of a system failure. It will state something to the effect that youi must hit any key to continue or hit ALT CTRL + DEL to exit and restart your computer. The CPU is your hard ware, such as your motherboard. If it overheats you will get a system failure and shut down! The CPU fan keeps the system (hardware in operating temerturres)
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/13/01 10:24:10 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: YO Blackgun
    BG is correct, it is VERY important to vacumme
    out the CPU fan every couple of weeks, my last
    computer was destroyed because of the dust
    that built up in the CPU fan.

This isn't the fan in the back of your PC, you must
    remove the side cover of your tower and you will
    see it sitting against a circuit board on the wall of
    the unit, it is a small black plastic fan.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/14/01 6:29:42 am)
    Tac & BG, ihave gotten the blue screen a couple of times but it did not seem to hurt anything. just shut down an restarted an everything was ok. Tac i dont have a "tawer". have a gateway 2000 PS 90 that lays horizontal. i hear the fan running an it sounds fine but hard to tell where its located. any instrctions? an remember u r dealing with an old broken down ex dubbleclutcher. thanx

Xracer
    (10/14/01 8:46:14 am)
    The CPU fan is that thing with all the dustballs and dead flys around it.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/14/01 10:10:54 am)
    IB, whether you have a tower or a flat top box, like an old 233, you will still have the CPU fan, no matter what shape it is, take the cover off and you will see a small fan incased in a square plastic box, usually black in color. Look for bugs dust bunnies, hair andthing that will ubstruct its operation. Even if you don't see anything, run to wall mart and get a can of compressed air from the electronics dept. the place where they sell TV's and CD's. blow the fan off just to be safe.
    BlackGUN

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/15/01 4:43:40 pm)
    Xracer, i thot it was the used bud lite cans layin around that caused the dead flies
    BG< could u swing by the house maybe wed. evening to take cover off this momma? will have large can of spray starch? did u say an fresh case of bub lite. do not, repeat DO NOT bring LTS witcha, cant get no damn Lone Star around here. or Pearl for that matter. will wait with much anticipation your honest and worthy reply. wood sign this with "custom signature but stupid thingy dont work an Tac keeps throwing me curveballs.

honest

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/15/01 7:51:32 pm)
    IB where ya live Bud, for a Bud lite, I'll Errrrrrrrr! Never Mind
    BlackGUN

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 8:44:55 am)
    BG do i take that for a no thank you scweetie?

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 9:38:32 am)
    | Edit | Del YO Blackgun
    It is incredible how quickly my computer gets dusty inside.
    One wonders how a computer can get so filthy and dusty in just a few weeks.
    I have been lazy about duting mine out but I better start doing it more.
    Thanks for the remimder.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/16/01 12:29:34 pm)
    Kid's today, ya just have to love them! I was asked to reinstall a printer program do to a malfunction. I worked and worked and got frustrated and walked away from it. I called a neighbor kid who is a Junior in highschool, who is a self taught computer programmer. a click here a click there and poof it was fixed. I got him to show me a trick that I didn't even know existed. It's a system tool for repairing system problems,. It can repair corrupted files and find lost files and direct X. So here goes, check it out,if you like.

Go to start. then to programs, then to accessories, then to system tools. In system tools find " System information". Click on "system information and go to "TOOLS" it will bring up another menu. Click on the ones you want to check for errors and it will run diagnostics and fix, find and repair problems that may not be found in scan disk.
    BlackGUN