You Floridians should be proud

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 22WRF, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

WASHINGTON - Republican Mel Martinez joined Senate Democrats, including fellow Florida Sen. Bill Nelson, in supporting Sonia Sotomayor on Thursday as the first Hispanic justice on the Supreme Court.
    ONTGOMERY, (AP) - Alabama's two Republican U.S. senators voted against approving Sonia Sotomayor for the U.S. Supreme Court.

Sens. Jeff Sessions and Richard Shelby were on the losing side of the Senate's 68-31 vote Thursday in Washington.

Shelby says he voted against Sotomayor because of concerns about her willingness to properly and dutifully uphold fundamental rights guaranteed under the Constitution.

The Senate confirmed Sotomayor, 68-31.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

He is not running for re-election so he is doing ....
  3. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Proud Floridian? Not me man.
  4. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave New Member

Martinez has announced he is resigning. Thank God and Greyhound he's gone.
  5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Hope his replacement will do better but won't hold my breath.
  6. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I keep waiting and waiting for the Country Club Republicans to give the party back. Waiting and waiting. I don't think they are going to give it back. I think we are going to have to take it back.
  7. kingchip

kingchip New Member

From the looks of congress, I don't think any of us has anything to be proud of.
  8. Taz

Taz New Member

This is one Floridian that has been on his case for a whlile. Just glad he is going. Now if we can just get someone with a set to help deal with this mess coming...
  9. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    You're right there. Of all the Senators and Representatives, my state has only one Republican (he's a pretty good one at least). We had three Republican Senators (not all at the same time of course) not that long ago who were all fairly liberal, apparently thinking that they would be safe in an increasingly liberal state; apparently the people around here would rather vote for a real Democrat rather than a pretend one.

I think that a good Republican candidate could do very well here, especially with the dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs, but there hasn't been a true conservative run for office in Oregon for a long time and I don't expect one any time soon
  10. Taz

Taz New Member

Proud that for whatever reason, he has decided to leave before he got kicked out in a few months. Now if only the RINO ruler we have at present will pick someone to fill that can see the light. (Or at least not do something else stupid till elections);)
  11. Southern Boy

Southern Boy New Member

Mel has been voting okay over his term untill now, only 2 votes I did not agree with. Now that he has decided to leave, .... I dont know, but sotomayer... martenez... Maybe he wants to make his hispanic family happy or something. just wish he would have gone out with some self respect, too late now. Governor Crist will appoint a conservative, then when the election comes, we will take all the seats back round here. (I think)
  12. kerk

kerk New Member

Rubio for U.S. Senate.
  13. sewerman

sewerman New Member

i can't stand the jerk!

has side stepped or two stepped every issue that i have sent letters to him on especially the birth issue quote some supreme court ruling that if the people vote zero in then it is acceptable as from the people.
    glad to see this jerk go wish his benifits were like the rest of us but oh i forgot the rulers always get the pork!:):rolleyes: