You have 5 minutes to load your Go bag , one handgun and two boxes of ammo

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cheesewiz, Oct 27, 2012.

1. heelsby20

heelsby20 New Member

cz75 SP01 18+1, 2 boxes of ANY 9mm. 3 extra mags
  2. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    1911A1 45 ACP and the two ammo cans just below it. You didn't say how big the box had to be.
  3. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

Yeah that!! :D

If I've got 5 minutes my truck would be filled with guns & ammo...

Just one pistol?? Glock 20...10mm takes no prisoners.
  4. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

For me it's my Beretta PX4 Storm .45 and like the others have said the 2 boxes on top of the pile are coming with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Actually all I have to do is grab my go bag and a couple ammo cans and I can have 3K rounds of ammo for my handgun and shotgun out in my truck in about 2 mins. :D
  6. Ruger_Fan

Ruger_Fan Former Guest

I would have more than one weapon. I would grab my Ruger P95 and Hi Point carbine. 2 boxes of 9mm ammo and I am ready to go.
  7. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Active Member

My GP100, and well my "box" of ammo is metal ammo can of bulk reloaded 38sp RN approx 700rds. So I'm only gonna grab one box:D cause its heavy
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My Ruger 1911, but not two boxes of ammo. I am holding my ground where I am at. My home is my home and I am staying here. There are also a number of elderly that live around me that a lot of scumbags would try to take advantage of. They will have to get past me if I have anything to say about it.
  9. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I like the GP100. That is one heck of a great gun. My GP100 DA is great and it is a fun gun to try and shoot bunnies with. I cut the main spring down and polished the action and it is pretty smooth. However, now every once in a while it won't fire a primer off so I am going to order a Wolff mainspring for it.

Good gun A.D. I will never sell mine.
  10. Appliancedude

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  11. Appliancedude

Its not the gun, it the guy shooting it. Your not shooting it right. Probably never will. Why don't you just send it over to me. Mine needs a brother:D
  12. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Take a shovel, take a woven tarp and assume my position on the hill behind the house.
    I'm not bugging out and letting the scum bags in the bario below have my house to themselves. They all know where the two white Marines live, and they pretty much stay away.

And, for right now, that sidearm would be my .380 until I can buy my .45 for Christmas.
  13. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

I guess I can't quite figure out why folks are living someplace they feel they have to escape from, unless they're trapped by a job or something. Might be worthwhile to re-evaluate that and set up someplace else before they are forced to.

I'm 68, been living here for 13 years, and plan on dying within 100 ft of where I'm sitting right now. Hopefully not soon tho. :)
  14. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I'm with you Gunny - I'm not going anywhere. We bought our house in the mountains for cash and we're staying put!
  15. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Nice area you got there. Been thru ID a few times, but never close to Moore. A bit too cold in the winter there for me tho. :eek:

I guess I'm like most folks. Spent most of my life in and around big cities, and thought at first that I'd miss the good parts of them. Didn't take long for me to find out that I didn't, and sure didn't miss the traffic, crime, noise, etc.. Plenty of that within a couple hours drive.

Here, I can look out a window in the morning and evening and watch deer graze in the yard and harvest one every year without getting out of my PJ's ( or buck nekkid if I feel like it); or fire up my shop and build whatever I want without worrying about some idiot next door complaining to the Home Owners Association about how loud my planer is.

I've got everything I want or need right here. I'd have to be some kinda damfool to bail out to someplace else, and leave all this behind. :)
  16. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Is this in addition to what I'm already carrying on my belt?

I normally carry a G20SF, a G29SF, and two to three spare mags. If I get to bring another gun, I guess it would be my Remington R1 1911.
  17. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

glock 21 45caliber and as many rounds the bag will hold.
  18. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i wouldn't have to pack.. my go bag is already ready to go, gun included. currently has a 38 revolver and box of 50 ammo. half hp, half fmj.

I do have other go bags.. that one is the absolute minimums, small pack, grab and go.. etc..

if I had to grab another bag, or toss one to the wife and had a minute to load.. I might seriously pack one of my handguns that has a stock attachment so I could use it as a carbine.

that would leave me a couple options in mauser types ( 9mm or 7.63 or 45cal ) or a hi power... if I grabbed a mauser.. it would surely be a 9mm or 45 variant.. of the 9's I have one with a fixed 20 and another with a removeable 10 and 20.. probably go with that one...
  19. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would rather have a shotgun but if it had to be a handgun my Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag.
  20. bustedmp

bustedmp New Member

If I had to go in a hurry and could only take 1 gun it would not be my handgun. It would be my Hi-point carbine in 45acp. I am not comfortable enough with my Taurus 44. The bag I keep my carbine in already has 17 ful mags in it, and I have 1 box ( an ammo can ) with 1400 rounds of 45 acp in it within arms reach of the bag.