You have 5 minutes to load your Go bag , one handgun and two boxes of ammo

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cheesewiz, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Its not the gun, it the guy shooting it. Your not shooting it right. Probably never will. Why don't you just send it over to me. Mine needs a brother:D
  2. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Take a shovel, take a woven tarp and assume my position on the hill behind the house.
    I'm not bugging out and letting the scum bags in the bario below have my house to themselves. They all know where the two white Marines live, and they pretty much stay away.

And, for right now, that sidearm would be my .380 until I can buy my .45 for Christmas.
  3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

I guess I can't quite figure out why folks are living someplace they feel they have to escape from, unless they're trapped by a job or something. Might be worthwhile to re-evaluate that and set up someplace else before they are forced to.

I'm 68, been living here for 13 years, and plan on dying within 100 ft of where I'm sitting right now. Hopefully not soon tho. :)
  4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I'm with you Gunny - I'm not going anywhere. We bought our house in the mountains for cash and we're staying put!
  5. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Nice area you got there. Been thru ID a few times, but never close to Moore. A bit too cold in the winter there for me tho. :eek:

I guess I'm like most folks. Spent most of my life in and around big cities, and thought at first that I'd miss the good parts of them. Didn't take long for me to find out that I didn't, and sure didn't miss the traffic, crime, noise, etc.. Plenty of that within a couple hours drive.

Here, I can look out a window in the morning and evening and watch deer graze in the yard and harvest one every year without getting out of my PJ's ( or buck nekkid if I feel like it); or fire up my shop and build whatever I want without worrying about some idiot next door complaining to the Home Owners Association about how loud my planer is.

I've got everything I want or need right here. I'd have to be some kinda damfool to bail out to someplace else, and leave all this behind. :)
  6. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Is this in addition to what I'm already carrying on my belt?

I normally carry a G20SF, a G29SF, and two to three spare mags. If I get to bring another gun, I guess it would be my Remington R1 1911.
  7. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

glock 21 45caliber and as many rounds the bag will hold.
  8. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

i wouldn't have to pack.. my go bag is already ready to go, gun included. currently has a 38 revolver and box of 50 ammo. half hp, half fmj.

I do have other go bags.. that one is the absolute minimums, small pack, grab and go.. etc..

if I had to grab another bag, or toss one to the wife and had a minute to load.. I might seriously pack one of my handguns that has a stock attachment so I could use it as a carbine.

that would leave me a couple options in mauser types ( 9mm or 7.63 or 45cal ) or a hi power... if I grabbed a mauser.. it would surely be a 9mm or 45 variant.. of the 9's I have one with a fixed 20 and another with a removeable 10 and 20.. probably go with that one...
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would rather have a shotgun but if it had to be a handgun my Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag.
  10. bustedmp

bustedmp New Member

If I had to go in a hurry and could only take 1 gun it would not be my handgun. It would be my Hi-point carbine in 45acp. I am not comfortable enough with my Taurus 44. The bag I keep my carbine in already has 17 ful mags in it, and I have 1 box ( an ammo can ) with 1400 rounds of 45 acp in it within arms reach of the bag.
  11. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

and my cats
  12. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Not everyone has the financial wherewithal to live where they'd like. For those that don't have friends in close proximity to where they're digging in, a rallying point makes sense. There's strength in numbers and alone we are screwed. Think about it Gunny, if you were a plt. cmdr. would you spread your men out over a couple acres to dig in, or draw them into a perimeter with planned fields of fire?
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  13. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

The only reason I would leave my home would be to gather family members who might be at school or somewhere else. Otherwise we would barricade ourselves in for the long haul.
  14. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Playing by the rules stated, I would have to grab my .45, and two boxes of my hand loaded 230gr. Hornady XTP's. Don't have a go bag, or BUG out bag, but I suppose I could use the get home bag for this porpuse. It already has some survival gear in it, and some extra ammo. Like some of the others here, I ain't going no where! I choose the .45 because it is a multi functional handgun. I know that the .45ACP bullet is at the top of the list for SD. And it will take deer sized game out to 100yds.
  15. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Insufficient intel. I'd have to know more about the terrain, expected weather, opposition capabilities, and more to give you a reasonable answer. Urban, mountain, wooded, open field, swamp, etc., etc. May not be wise to have a fixed position at all.

These are decisions that usually can't be made in advance, except in broad outline, and always with contingencies. :)