You have to love your lab!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coreyacp, Feb 21, 2010.

1. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

I love my black lab sarah best dog in the world cute fun smart just all around great dog! She cant hunt but when i was lil we had a chocolate lab who was a great hunter share some stories/experiences with your wonderful lab!
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Years ago, I had a black lab named Ollie (short for "Olive Oyl", we didn't name her, and yes she did have brothers named Popeye and Brutus...) and she used to hunt and kill the neighbor's chickens. We got into a lot of trouble for that. She was a nice dog, my uncle took her hunting and someone stole her from his yard; they never were caught, I hope they at least gave her a good home.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

A dear departed Uncle had a black lab named Chief. Uncle had a cabin in the mountains, and one day Chief decided to mix it up with a porcupine.
    He got a snout full of quills!:eek:

Uncle got out the pliers and pulled out one quill at a time. Chief would run around the cabin every time, but always came back for the next extraction.

Good dog.:D
  4. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

awwwwww :( thats so sad
  5. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Lol! After every quill it would run away? Lol
  6. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Had a black lab pup named Tuck after Friar Tuck, no reason I just liked the name. Every evening around sunset he would cross the road and go behind the barn. A female fox would be making her run from her den and the swamp where she hunted and the two would run around playing with each other for 10-15 minutes. Then she would continue on her way and he would come back to the house. Has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Needless to say a hunting dog he wasn't. Still miss him.
  7. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Pretty cool but you have to watch out for rabies.
  8. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Yeah sarah cant really hunt ethier. We only tried to teach her to flush out birds cause thats all there really is to hunt here in socal but didnt really work thats cool with the fox what lived longer the fox or the dog?
  9. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

i have a black lab/mastiff mix. took him out dove hunting, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...seriously, first time out, stayed at our feet, didn't get the idea of seeing a bird drop and retrieving, but if you walked him to the tall grass or tree the bird fell in, he would always come out w/ it. next year, took him out, fist shot he coward a little, so i put him on the leash, second shot, he pulled and whined, thiird shot, he about knocked me to my butt and ran....and ran...and ran. i had to run to the truck and finally caught up w/ him 2 miles away. he doesn't go w/ us anymore. still the best retriever i have ever had. very loyal and protective of the wife and kids too.
  10. ARB

ARB New Member

Had a small black lab as a kid that went by the name of "Mandy". I still have pictures of her and I, as she was my best companion back then. My son, often looks at them and tells me that she sure looked like a good dog. "Yes, son", I tell him "she was". Now we have a 115 lb. yellow lab named Samson. He's a puppy in a horses body. All muscle and skull. He's been around three years now and has certainly made a spot in our family. He is truely, my sons protector(After me of course). He does act too much like a cat sometimes as he walks back and forth rubbing himself on you. Even if your watching TV on the couch, he'll find that part of you hanging off and commence to rubbing. Loves, to "chase" BB's out of the Red Ryder. Adda, boy.:)
  11. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

My Baby RUGER
    Smart, Knows lots of tricks, fast tongue to lick U to death, Loyal, and will retrieve anything.

Attached Files:

12. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I'd like to get a dog. One of my co-workers told me, if ya don't have any friends, get a dog. Soon as I get my own home, I'm gna get a doggie. I like labs. Neighbor has this really fat pit bull - the dog is nicer than hell - just licks everybody, and this little Jack Russel terrier/beagle thing. Funny dogs. I got some funny stories about em. And my neighbor's dog that was biting our downspout on the side of the house one morning at 730 chasing a mouse.
  13. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

Yeah lol ive had sone health problems caused by the meds i was on to combat these kidney stones an sarah just would not leave my side shed go out scratch to come back in an be with me it was really cool