1. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I know this has nothing to do with guns, But what does your dream meal consist of.
    This is mine: (all home made of course:cool:)
    Fried chicken breast
    Twice baked potato with sourcream, cheese and, bacon bits
    Potato salad
    Mashed potatos
    Corn on the cob
    Some cresent rolls
    And to top it all off some apple pie with whipped cream on top
    EDIT: I forgot my drink, A nice case of cream soda, drinking beer with all that would be a bad idea.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. That's an easy one: A tender porterhouse steak, rare, and all the crab I can eat. Side dishes optional. A nice glass of Bordeaux would go nicely as well. :D
  3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I would have to go with....
    1. Full rack of Texas Road House Ribs
    2. Thick cut seasoned fries
    3. Steamed broccoli
    4. Un-sweetened iced tea
    5. hot peach cobbler with scoop vanilla ice cream

Now I done made myself hungry
  4. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

Although it's tough to beat good falafal, humus, and tehina served in warm Iraqi flat bread with all the trimmings, I guess I'd have to go with.....
    Fresh caught Copper River salmon
    Baked sweet potato, w/butter and brown sugar
    lightly steamed garden fresh broccoli w/grated Tillamook sharp cheddar sprinkled generously on top
    Fresh strawberry rhubarb crisp
    ....and oh yeah, a pint of Guinness from the tap
    Yup, that'd do it. :D
  5. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

May I start with dessert first? :)

Rich, smooth New York cheesecake (enough to share) with a chocolate-dipped strawberry on the side;
    Top sirloin, medium;
    Greek lemon potatoes;
    crisp green salad with a variety of fresh veges and Ranch dressing;
    Rolls...just about any kind, that melt in your mouth
    Iced tea...lightly sweetened

ahhhhhhh....
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Appetizer: King Crab legs or oysters

Meal:
    A handpicked lobster for the boiling pot of water, (big fat red guy or a blue one if available)
    A big fat tenderloin with a stuffed shiitake mushroom on top.
    A bit of those world famous
    Foxwoods mashed potatoes.
    Small salad on the side with blue cheese.
  7. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Where have you been all my life? We were meant to be together....

Re the meal, fresh grilled Trout, possibly with another on the side.

Followed by Apple Pie and Custard followed by Sticky Toffee pudding and Spotted Dick. :)
  8. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Tranter, you might want to explain the spotted dick thing before Mike, AKA Glocknut shows up. heheheh
  9. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

Surf and Turf: Maine Lobster (with real butter) and a rare T-Bone steak with hand cut sweet potato fries, Waldorf salad and Mike's hard lemonade. For dessert: creme broulee!
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Appetizer: At least a dozen Little Necks on the half shell and a peck of steamed clams with REAL butter.

Meal: About a 3½ or 4 pound boiled Maine Lobster with lots of REAL butter; a Small green salad/Italian dressing.

Dessert: A dozen or more fried clams, WHOLE clams, not those poor excuses called Strips.....

If any room left, I'd cap it off with a dozen Cherry Stones on the half shell and cognac to help it settle.

[Note for Tranter: Isn't spotted Dick similar to Plum Pudding only made with currents rather than a mixture of friut???]
  11. Tranter, I think you have a few American corpuscles lurking around in your British veins somewhere. You need to try some fresh-caught Colorado trout sometime, preferably cooked on an open campfire. And we make a whale of an apple pie here in the States, not to mention apple cobbler. ;)

By the way, for those of you who don't know, spotted dick is a steamed suet pudding containing dried fruit (usually currants), commonly served with either custard or butter and brown sugar. Quite good, actually. ;)
  12. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

My dream meal easy, fitst New york cut steack then baked potato and broccoli, corn and carrots steamed. Along with a salad ,good Ice tea all you need is some Icecream for dessert .
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

It's hard to beat pinto beans, Jiffy cornbread (with jalapeno juice and minced jalapenos in the bread) with pan fried potatoes and onion.

I like to freeze the skin from my smoked turkeys, smoked rib meat, etc to add to my beans and if I am eating alone, which is usual, I'll spice 'em up with some habanero peppers and some nice, cold, sweet tea.

Running a REAL close second would be a fat ribeye steak and fries or a Mexican Casserole with lots of chips and salsa. :p

Crpdeth
  14. What? No gefeltifish or lox? :D;):p Come to think of it, can't say that I blame you! ;)
  15. killbuck

killbuck New Member

A grilled huge Ribeye steak, just over rare
    Smoked Baked potato with sourcream and cheese
    Grilled Corn on the cob
    Grilled Asparagus
    Smoked Wicked Baked beans
    Three fingers of Laphroaig, straight up

nuff said from me.
  16. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Aye!

Drool! :p
  17. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    All the LA crawfish I can eat!!! Cooked along with corn, and potatoes, lots of butter on the side. A really big glass of Luzianne iced tea, no sugar, no lemon, just ice and tea! As a second choice I suppose I would have to go with a large pot of red beans, ham hocks, craklin, or chitlin cornbread (throw in a few chopped jalapeño peppers), and fresh sliced, sweet, Vidalia onions! If I keep this up, I'm gona have to make a run to town!
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  18. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Note to self: Dont read this thread when hungry.

Hey Shimon, had that falafel in a pitta in a lil town called Arad, back when the population was about 12. Gave me wind!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  19. Well, with chick peas or garbanzos, and perhaps even chilies, mixed together, what did you expect? :D
  20. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Easy to be wise after the event. How was I supposed to know that in the mid 70s?

Spicy to me meant do you want salt and vinegar on those chips! (Ok, fries). Exotic meant Tatar sauce. London lad you see.