1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Now you two fellas know how to eat that is for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if not beans the I like PORK grilled smoked fried roasted in a pie shell with or without sauce just as long as it is a good hunk of PORK. OYSTERS & CLAMS are great on the side with a salad.
    For after the meal & nap the cheese cake sounds good or some fresh fruit mangoes come to my mind first.
  2. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Tranter...have your tastebuds been introduced to jalapenos yet?

As for where I've been...the one time I was in London, I took a wrong bus...that must explain how we missed meeting up! :)
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

No 4evr, I avoid such things. I take my food straight and simple. Bit like me!

As for the wrong bus? What might have been? Had I heard your accent I would have introduced myself.

Actually I suspect you had a narrow escape...Life with me, as my wife will confirm has been .... interesting.

Oddly, and this is true, I was chatting to a girl recently and asked if she were from Australia or New Zealand? She explained you could tell from the eye's. I looked closely and replied although here eyes were beautiful, I failed to see how you can tell. She then told me 'the 'i's as in 'fish' or 'link'. She smiled, and I left the Bank confused.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009
  4. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

awwwww Tranter....the "i's" have it, they say...or is that the "eyes"....or "ayes"???

Dare we assume you left the bank blushing, as well as confused? :eek:

As for my accent...I don't have one! ;)

As for you having led an interesting life.... of that, I have NO doubt whatsoever :)
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  5. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

I agree, one shouldn't read this while hungry! I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's "flavor" from where you all live. I have to say that "hot spices" aren't for me, but I have friends, in Alabama, who put anything and everything hot onto whatever it is they are eating! How do you taste what the meal is? My tastebuds, after visiting them, were burnt off! Ha! However, it seems that most everybody seems to enjoy "spicing" things up, in more ways than one!
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    This is probably why I weigh in at 240 lbs.! Speaking of pork, I have found a nice little Mexican Resturant that serves Pork Fajita's! Love it!!!! Of course there is always a place for an original New Orleans Oyster Poor Boy!
  7. I find it amusing sometimes that few Americans can tell the difference between a British accent (as in one used by a person from that rather large island in northern Europe) and one from Australia or New Zealand. They really are quite different, just as a "Southern accent" from a Texan is quite different than the "Southern accent" heard from a Virginian. Just curious, Tranter: In your visits to the US, have you ever had problems identifying American accents from various parts of the country?
  8. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Yes, very much so. And it has helped me be patient with some Americans who ask if I am Australian. This would annoy me anywhere else.

There are a few very distinctive American accents, from the deep south, or New York for example, but you need to be born in a country to 'read' accents.

Actually even today many Americans like the sound of a British accent. Once on a payphone in Arizona I noticed a woman standing next to me, I offered the phone, explaining my next call was to Brasil, and would take a while. She said she didn't need the phone, just loved the accent.
  9. Texman

Texman New Member

Ummm,, A perfect grass raised T-Bone, rare or medium rare, about a dozen butterfly breaded Gulf Shrimp, boiled red skin potatoes, and garden fresh green beans, cooked with fat back!!

Brewed Iced tea, sugar, no lemon.

I don't do deserts so just a few more of the shrimp :D

NOW,, if I am cooking it, like tonight, packaged sirloin tips in gravy, with a side of garlic mashed taters, and a glass of wine.

the first meal I have had, in of all places , San Fransisco!!

I wish my memory wasn't fried, I have had some kick buttocks meals, but no longer remember the recipe.

For example, there used to be a place in San Antonio Texas that made absolutely the best breakfast with re fried beans,over easy egg on top, chile sauce,shredded cabritto, ( young goat) and fresh onion, tomato slices and warm fresh corn tortillas that would fall apart when you tied to roll them.

Dang I am hungry now!!! :D
  10. That is very true indeed, Tranter. I can tell the difference between British and Australian accents easily, but I have a great deal of trouble differentiating between, say, a British accent from the North of England, and one from London for example. It might interest you to know the same problem exists with German accents. A Berliner does not sound like someone from Munich! ;)