Your favorite 22 pistol

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fyimo, Jul 11, 2009.

1. sniper85

sniper85 New Member

By far my favorite pistol. Ruger MK II

Attached Files:

2. stevenorlando

stevenorlando New Member

My High-Standard Model 107 Supermatic Citation:)

Attached Files:

3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

try the mini mags in the Walther p22 1 misfire out of 1000 rounds
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Diana what is that pistol never saw one like that
  5. dianalv

dianalv New Member

Hi Beth. It's a S&W Second Model of 1891 .22lr target pistol. Top break action with 10 inch barrel.
  6. William Harper

William Harper New Member

Mine was a Colt Frontier Scout 4 5/8th barreled .22LR. I had already had 11 years practice drawing and firing sliphammer in the backwoods and found this little Colt better than the 2 1851 Colt Navy replicas I had worn out on targets, squirrels, and rabbits when FFFG by Dupont cost but $1.00 a pound. A rabbit would break and before it got 6 feet, I had usually reflex drawn and fired for its shoulder, often with fatal effect, and if I missed, with time itself seeming to slow down and the rabbit to slowly float, the second shot was generally on its way for bunny's shoulder by the time it had made another 6 feet. Few escaped close range. Speed is fine; accuracy is final goes an old west proverb, attributed, I think, to Wyatt Earp. Well, when aimmed for a squirrel's head anywhere within 30 yards, with a double-handed hold, that little Colt made headshots with remarkable consistency.
    What a performer! None of my Rugers ever matched it or the Colt Navys. I gave it and holster to my older sister for the protection of her household. She still has it at age 77. It saved both me and a young 2nd cousin from bad cottinmouth bites in the same day, as I reflex drew and headshot them under our descending feet. I cannot but wonder if that draw and point skill remains after decades away from it? More efficient on squirrels from close range to a full fifty yards was a Browning Nomad .22 LR 6.5" barrel. I got on four in a hickory tree and dropped them in the Nomad's 12 shots with double handed aimmed fire. I haven't done anything similar in 40 years, but recall those handguns and some moments of fine performance. Maybe I'll get a Uberti Colt Navy to see what is left. After all the Colt Navy was and is a pefect thing of its kind and propellents are better now. I have a deep curiosity about how long reflexes and synapes last once built in the brain, bcause they strike me as being the kind of fast linear processing a computer does, rather than the fine paralell processing Ray Kursweil attributes as the strong point of the human mind.
  7. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

My only .22 pistol (so far)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  8. edorfox

edorfox New Member

My favorite 1941 Colt Woodsman and friends...some older, some newer.

[​IMG]

1933 H&R 999 Sportsman
    [​IMG]

1971ish Colt Peacemaker .22
    [​IMG]

1971ish High Standard Sharpshooter
    [​IMG]

2009 Browning Buckmark
    [​IMG]

2009 S&W 617-6
    [​IMG]

More to follow as soon as the bank account catches up! :D