The Firearms Forum banner

your favorite Commander

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  UncleFudd 
#1 ·
Hi all I would just like to invite everyone to vote for "as in list" (Pics very much encouraged) their fav Commander that they either use or would use for EDC CCW purposes.

Have fun! ;) :D

#2 ·
For Commander-size pistols, it would be the only one I own-the STI Ranger II. It is a nicely constructed, reliable 1911 and extremely accurate. My only change to it was to switch the front sight to a Trijicon. For range use, my old eyes couldn't take the black on black sights. To go a little lighter weight, I have a Colt CCO (lightweight frame). The Colt isn't quite the gun that the STI is, but it is much lighter and has a shorter grip which makes carry more comfortable. Either is good for carry, though.

#5 ·
I love my Citadel that I bought from Double D a couple of years ago.
Oh yea, you mean the hair trigger citadel. I remember that gun. Kinda wish I would have kept it sometimes.

#8 ·
I like the Smith & Wesson Scandium Commander the best.

#13 ·
Colt lightweight carry gun with well North of 100,000 rounds through her. Fourth barrel and I had to use a ramped one as the feed ramp had been worn down, welded up and cut back too many times.
She ate mostly my own rolled 200 gr RN and loved them.

[/IMG

Replaced her with exact dup only in 9MM, using Caspian frame and Kart barrel.
Tried to make all the parts and pieces, even the sights the same so I had no retraining to do. Recoil from the 45 was beginning to bother my hands after 3 to 4 hundred rounds a weekend. 9MM is not so punishing and still very effective.

UF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.