The Firearms Forum banner

Your favorite old 1911.

Tags
3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  man0ica 
#1 ·
Lets see that 1911 that..............

You know the one you take out with you hunting and dont mind it getting scratched or laying in the pickup bed.

The one you love just because it has those wear marks from countless times you used it.

The old one that always works and comes through for you.

The one that aint pretty no way, no how, and you dont want it to be pretty cause it looks good that way.

The one thats been through all kinds of misuse but still gets the job done.

Post a picture of it......................................if you dare
;)

#2 ·
Originally posted by frosty
Lets see that 1911 that..............

You know the one you take out with you hunting and dont mind it getting scratched or laying in the pickup bed.

The one you love just because it has those wear marks from countless times you used it.

The old one that always works and comes through for you.

The one that aint pretty no way, no how, and you dont want it to be pretty cause it looks good that way.

The one thats been through all kinds of misuse but still gets the job done.

Post a picture of it......................................if you dare
;)
A HIGHLY modified beltfed 1911! :D

#4 ·
bompa, I'm sorry to say it's a practical joke that was pulled on a bunch of anti-gun folks. The links were off a M-60 machinegun. The 7.62NATO (.308Win) case rim is the same diameter as the .45 ACP. I shoved the .45 round through the links and shoved that up the grip of my 1911. I got more email than I can count from anti-gun folks on how terrible it was that I found a loophole in the high capacity laws. Several even called the BATF on me! One alphabit soup trooper came over to make sure I hadn't found a way to make a beltfed 1911. He had a good laugh when I showed him what I did. :)

#5 ·
Thanks for the laugh A M ..Must admit that I was a bit interested though..Might even keep it going a bit..Will print out your picture and bring it to club tonight and see what the guys there think..
Too bad it isn't possible,maybe it is but the cost would be out of sight ..Guess almost anything is possible if you have the cash..
It is said that you can't buy happiness but you can buy everything,almost,that makes you happy if you have the money..
Keep the sense of humor,it is great and you can't buy that either..

#9 ·
Originally posted by bompa
Thanks for the laugh A M ..Must admit that I was a bit interested though..Might even keep it going a bit..Will print out your picture and bring it to club tonight and see what the guys there think..
Too bad it isn't possible,maybe it is but the cost would be out of sight ..Guess almost anything is possible if you have the cash..
It is said that you can't buy happiness but you can buy everything,almost,that makes you happy if you have the money..
Keep the sense of humor,it is great and you can't buy that either..
Best thing about jokes is watching people's expressions. :D What did the guys at the club say?

#10 ·
A.M.
Didn't go over as I hoped..The main group,machine gunners,were absent and the rest were ho hum..I don't think they realised just what was represented..Great bunch of people but are rather slow in adopting current trends in comfort and convience in regards to their handguns..You know,thats the way it came out of the box so why change it..That plus the fact that there are almost no new guns,S&W and Walther the exception,that can be sold in the state and nothing can be imported from outside the state..And I thought Cal. was bad..Mass has the worst laws in the states thanks to the AG and his child safety rules..Hope he finds himself out of a job come election time..
Sorry this turned into a rant,but get upset just thinking about it and the fact that we the people had nothing to say about it,he did it and the courts upheld it.. Screwed without a kiss even...

#12 ·
Not really all that old, but a Springfield enhanced govt model with a 2 piece barrel. Could not get it to run until it had 500rns through it and some tweeking done. It loves 200gr SWC and will shoot 2in groups until dirty. It now has somewhere near 15K rnds through it and still keeps shooting.

I have a Kimber from Oregon which I wish I could make up my mind if I want to keep in the safe or make a shooter out of it.

What do ya' think?????

Smoky the puzzled

#17 ·
Sort of hard to explain..Do you know what a monoblock,spelling, system is on a shotgun barrel is ?? Sort of like sleeving a barrel..
By the way most Browning Hi Power barrels are two piece and they work real well.. Had a 9mm springer with a two piece barrel and couldn't hit the side of a barn from the inside..Put a Nowlin tube in and it is a tackdriver..

#19 ·
The back portion,with bottom lugs and top locking lugs,that is not so easy to turn on a lathe is machined and drilled and reamed..The chambered barrel is then pressed or soldered in place.. Depending on finish you might be able to see the lines at the chamber end of the barrel..I assume that it cuts manufacturing time and saves money..

#22 ·
I'm still looking for one of those shooters. In my work, i have had the opportunity to acquire some old pieces; still waiting for the widow with the box of Pa's old wartime relics.

I let my PPK/S get a little wear; I figure I'm either gonna keep a shooter clean and shoot it and stow it with a minimum of scratches, or I'm gonna go ahead and let it take what comes it's way.

The LNIB's have been the keepers so far, with a couple exceptions. The others are to trade up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.