Your First Time! ( Voting That Is :) )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snakedriver, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

It was in 1972 and I was a 20 y.o. in the Army, stationed in Vietnam at the time, who was voting in an election where everyone over 18 was allowed to vote for the first time.

You never forget your first time! :rolleyes:

P.S.: I voted Richard Nixon by the way. He understood what it was going to take to get the Communists to negotiate in earnest. He bombed the living crap out of them until they came to the peace table with serious intentions. ;)
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I had my picture taken while I registered to vote in 1970 when I turned 20.

Didn't know but they put it in the local paper.....still have the yellowed out picture cut out of it.

GO VOTE! IT'S YOUR DUTY.;)
  3. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

i cant remember my first time for either
  4. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

That's easy, the first time I voted was 1980. The very first vote I cast was for Ronald Reagan.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  5. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

+1. I was in the USMC at the time
  6. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I was 20 and in the US Navy. We were told - You Go Vote. The choice of who to vote for was ours alone.

Figured I should add - my first vote was for Ronald Reagan also :)
  7. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

My first time was 2008 when it was Obama & McCain.
  8. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Every vote counts! As U.S. citizens voting is probably the most important responsibility we have. By voting "We the People" have a say about how our government is run. If you're not happy with what's been going on, cast your vote for a REAL change!
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The first vote I ever cast was for Floyd William Smith, Jr., Democrat, as Mayor of Pineville, LA. That was the year I turned 18. My first vote for President was for Hubert Humphrey in 1968, another Democrat, I was 20. At 21 I got married, and started a family. At age 22 I saw welfare abuse that I just could not tolerate, and started to look at the reasons why. By age 24 I was no longer a Democratic Party supporter, and with the years I have strayed farther, and farther, to the right of where I started. Today, I'm about as far right as a person can go, and stay out of jail!
  10. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

1980 & guess who I voted for-
  11. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Active Member

I was 4 and it was the first time I voted too. My dad let me pull the lever for RR. He lined up the ballot and I got to pull the lever. WE NEED ANOTHER REGAN.

My first legal vote was in 96, voted for Dole. What a putz. And we have yet to put forward a decent Republican since. To bad I didn't realize that till 2008
  12. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Man, that vote for Dole was painful!!! I've never voted for any other candidate for President other than the Republican choice, but that one took some effort. I lived in Kansas from '73 through '92 too! Dole was not my favorite guy despite his very respectable military record.
  13. jim brady

jim brady Active Member

I'm with you, Snakedriver. First vote was for President Richard Nixon the year after I came back from Nam. My reason was exactly as your's - he understood the Communists and what it took to hold them back.

My main problem when I returned was all those people who just didn't understand what USSR, (Red) China and the North Vietnamees were all about. My main problem today is that these people STILL don't understand what these same clowns are doing. Now we have still yet another threat in the Muslim world, along with the original players. Snowballing on us.