Your Gun ! .... Not Any More !

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Jun 1, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

The Full Article Here: http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015

U.S.reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nationsand individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods ofgun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control.
  2. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

That would be all out war.
  3. zachp

zachp New Member

I guess we just have to hope and pray that he is booted from office beofre any of this happens. If not, Double D is correct it will be all out war.
  4. twobit

twobit Member

While I strongly agree that no international treaty or back door politics should ever infringe on the US Constitution, the article referenced above was written in 2009.

Again, I agree VOTE THEM OUT in NOVEMBER.
  5. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

6. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

7. Double D

8. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

Old news, not gonna happen. It's understood that Russia, China and Israel will never agree to a treaty limiting their ability to sell firearms, and only one of them voting NO would be enough to stop it. For a bit there, the USA was seen as the nation that was preventing the talks by Ms. Clinton's statement that the USA would never agree to any treaty that infringed upon the 2nd Amendment rights of the people.

I keep seeing ancient news being posted across forums in a panic mode. People, please do everyone a favor and do a bit of research on things before crying wolf...
  9. Double D

I dont think anyone is actually crying wolf here but just seeing the realistic possibility of this illegal so called administration attempting to pull something off under the radar. I wouldnt put anything past them, especially with george soros in the drivers seat. P.S. I hope you dont believe anything hillary clinton says.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  10. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

Requiring citezens to turn in their guns will be an all out war. Long guns are not registered so how would they track what is out there anyway?
  11. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

Ryan ..... I suspect that they will start by tracking the purchase intel. on your
    rifle caliber ammo. sales slips and credit accounts .
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  12. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    It will be a new civil war, I will be fighting them until my dying breath. No one is going to just turn in there guns. I won't and they'll have a firefight outside my home before they take my guns.The NRA is one of best allies in this as well. Thank God for the NRA and GOA.
  13. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

IMO, there will be no civil war, not even a hint of one. The repercussions would be dramatic, and short.

You will be assimilated.
  14. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

It's from 2009 and was released in a statement by the State Department, I don't really see any indication of anyone trying to slip it by "under the radar".

And I don't "believe" anything that comes out of any politician's mouth. If they told me it was raining, I would still feel the need to go outside and check...
  15. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

President Clinton SIGNED the treaty when he was in office in 1997.
    It was never ratified.
  16. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Reid and company are looking at ratifying it this summer. He would do such a thing. The rule reads that only 2/3 of those present have to ratify which means that he could do a late night deal minus the Republicans and it is ratified.
  17. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hmmm, end of year Congressional Recess, maybe? Have enough demoncrats present to vote?
  18. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

we can take heart in the fact that any bill or treaty Obumface signs into law is invalid, since he is NOT the president because he is NOT a US Citizen.
  19. FlashBang

FlashBang Member

Neither a treaty or an executive order can override the Constitution.
    They can try all they want, the only way they could hope to start seizing firearms would be to use UN Troops on US soil. And I think we all know how that will go.

Gotta love Red Dawn....
  20. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I think Alabama is going to honor the United States Constitution. He can push all the laws he wants to. I think at this point he is suffering from Delusions. I suspect the state of Alabama is hoping every citizen will buy guns. He and his little group of strong men are no match for the entire population. We are fed up with these control freaks.