Your least useful firearm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Suwannee Tim, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I say least useful, the criteria is very flexible, least used, most regret buying, least practical, the first one you would get rid of, whatever you want to post. Give us a word about how or why you came to own it and why you regret or dislike it.

I will start by citing my RG 22 caliber revolver which I inherited. Horrible trigger. I've never shot it. Can't get past that trigger. Bleeeaaaac!
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Bersa Thunder .380 full-size... It is fun to shoot but that's about it. It's heavier and larger than some 9mm handguns. It has exorbitantly expensive ammo in these times. It's only a single-stack magazine but has over-sized grip panels so it's as thick (literally) as the double-stack Thunder .380. In essence, it lacks power and has no carrying advantage over a larger caliber gun. I bought it at the time because it was reasonably-priced, I had heard very good reviews of the gun and it was my first center-fire pistol purchase. Also, there weren't readily-available .380 pocket pistols back in 2001 when it was purchased. Now, it's pretty much useless...
  3. OBrien

OBrien New Member

My ruger 22/45 but thats only because I took it apart and a tiny little spring popped out and I have to get it put back in before I will use it. But in a week or two none of my guns will be any less useful or fun than the other including the 2 exact same single shot 12ga. I have.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    None of my guns are junk, at least not to me they aren't. I have an old single barrel 12ga that most of you would think was junk, but that gun, and I have shot a truck load of game in the many years I have owned it. The least used gun I own is a Remington 1100 12ga., with a 30" full choke barrel that I won in a Duck's Unlimited raffal back in 87, on a $1 ticket. The comb is too high, and I find it difficult to shoot well. I am thinking of buying two new barrels for it, and reworking the stock. I won't be getting rid of it though, it is the gun that both of my boys killed their first deer with. Just got to spend some money on it so I will be comfortabe with it.
  5. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Ma-Duce the ammo price is a killer
  6. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I have a 20 ga Win 101 I have never fired. It just keeps the others in the safe happy. Not about to get rid of it.
  7. techoca

techoca New Member

Glock 23- I take it fishing because if it fell in the lake I would loose no sleep over the loss.:rolleyes:

My mother's husband gave it to me.

Actually, this is my least favorite gun. It is quite useful as it is an excellent self defense weapon and I put it to a specific use. Therefore, I posted incorrectly.
  8. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Least useful, least used, least favorite, all fodder for this post.

Another, this one least used, a CVA 12 gauge muzzle loading double barrel shotgun. Haven't shot it since about '84. My buddys and I all bought one. We were hunting in Guana WMA and four of us were lined up on a firelane. It was very quiet. I heard a click, click, dad-burn-it. Romp, romp, romp, romp, romp. Then two louder click, click. Doggone it. Romp, romp, romp, romp, romp. Here comes a hog. I take aim, squeeze, click, click. Son of a gun. The hog runs off, romp, romp, romp, romp, romp. I hear one final pair of clicks. Click, click &*$$%! and a final romp, romp, romp, romp, romp. Four hunters drop the hammer on eight barrels at one hog and not one bang. I never shot the gun again. It's available if you want to buy it.
  9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Old Charter Arm Undercover, 2", five-shot 38 Special. It does not fire all the time, which, pretty much, makes it worthless. Charter says they will repair the old Charter company's guns, for 45 bucks. Thinking about it. I don't have anything in this, so for 45 dollars I'll have a working firearm. Still thinking.
  10. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

A very beaten up Russian 12g baikel Side by side shotgun. When I tried to include it in a trade, the guy in the gun shop said I would have to pay him to take it.
  11. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

My grandpa's extremely old and worn out Iver Johnson .38 revolver, timing and lockup is blah. You can't even use it because of the bad pitting.
  12. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

either my fathers smith&wesson .22mag revolver (model 17 i think). or his smith and wesson .32 revolver (model 36...i think). the .22 mag has NEVER been fired (unless it was made after they started test firing at the factory.. i dont know what year it was made. and since im posting from school its not readily available to look at the sn :p:eek:) and the .32 is the one firearm that i have that i dont have ammo for. ive shot it 6 times since ive had it..
  13. A Davis 9mm Derringer. Most useless POS I ever bought. I haven't shot it in years, and don't ever plan to again.
  14. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

in this day if you use it the least then it is the lest useful i guess. However if it will put a rabbit on the table it may be the best thing since sliced bread. time will tell
  15. dianalv

dianalv New Member

The Marlin piece of crap .22 semi auto I just bought. First time out shooting it, the bolt release breaks. !!!!!! Should have bought a Ruger 10/22. Oh, and some old military thing that doesn't work. You'd have to pry the rest of my guns out of my cold dead fingers.