Your longest fast? (and other thoughts)

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Crpdeth, Jan 3, 2012.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I myself was actually whirling the idea around in my head a few days ago to rid my body of Meds. Although withdraw would be tough I think I need to do this as the meds no longer work for pain. I thought id I stop all intake except water it would ease some of the bathroom problems that come from withdraw.

I don't know if this would be considered fasting as I did have an IV in me but I had not even a drop of water through my lips for 11 days back in 1997 due to a perforated colon. After about a day I no longer felt hungry and I lost 27 lbs in 11 days. I had to be weaned back onto food when it was safe to eat again. It was either do that or have a colostomy performed which would have been reversible in about 6 months I chose the easier of the two.
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Rowdy, I have never heard anyone preach that David killed all five giants that day. Scripture is clear that he killed Goliath, and no others are mentioned. Had he killed five giants, I feel sure the story would have reflected that.
    The question remains, though, why he chose five stones -
    Is it mere coincidence that Goliath had four brothers?

To me, it is pretty clear that David knew Goliath had four brothers, and selected one stone for each one.
    David was the original "one shot, one kill" guy.
    It seems Goliaths four brothers, upon witnessing this boy kill their brother with one shot, overcame the urge to die with him. The scripture says that the Philistines fled when they witnessed Goliaths death, so it is safe to say that Goliaths brothers fled with them.
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Junking, I lived on IV for several days back in the early 60's following surgery.
    Darned Corpsman used to come in with a new bag, read the writing on it and say something like "Well, today we have steak and fries!" or "This one is fried chicken, mashed potatoes and white gravy!"

It is a strange feeling, isn't it?
    You WANT to eat, you want to TASTE food -
    But HUNGRY? Not at all!!

And that first meal!
    I had a half cup of beef bulion soup and a half cup of hot tea, and I was GORGED!
  4. rosierita

rosierita New Member

God does not condemn, He convicts. there is a difference.

condemnation is what satan is good at.
  5. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Plus 1

Here's an outline of a small group study I did a while back called "Five Keys to Blessing":

Maybe it could help someone.

Here's the relevant part of the study----

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012