The Firearms Forum banner

Your next 4 must have guns, in no particular order

27K views 200 replies 79 participants last post by  Old Ron 
#1 ·
These are 4 that are on my wish list.

Attachments

See less See more
#85 ·
"Must have" Hmmm...I'd need to receive a large inheritance from an unknown benefactor, but, here goes.

First would be a vierling in 16 bore SXS over probably an 8 X 57R with a 22 Vierling for the top barrel. Heym or Schiering would be nice but that's a pipe dream.

A good, original, complete Scheutzen rifle on either an Aydt, Haenel or Ideal action in 8.15 X 46R. No Martini variants please.

One more double rifle, preferably German in 9.3 X 74R but would gladly accept another Brit. in 450/400.

A nice, shootable, double barrel muzzleloading shotgun in 16 bore with Damascus barrels.

Three of the four are doable but I doubt my wife would allow me to trade the extra, unattached 10 acres we have for a vierling, if that would be enough.

#94 · (Edited)
Taurus PT 92
Taurus PT 845
Some flavor of AR-15
Remington 700 in .308 or maybe .270, not sure which yet
Tavor

Reactions: dbcooper
#157 ·
Well, life changed and so did my tastes!
My actual next 4 ended up being a Winchester 94, Cimmaron Colt 7th Cav 45 Colt, and a pair of S&W Chief's Specials.
Now my list looks like this:
C Sharps or Pedersoli 1874 45/70
M1 Carbine (Preferably Winchester but I'd take anything that is all original)
1903-A3
AR-10.

Well, it's a dream list! I can dream can't I ?

#104 ·
I found a very nice Rem 1100 used today in a LGS
they are only asking $300

I dont know alot about shotguns but is this a good deal and what can I check for being a used gun?
I'd look seriously at it for that price.

Is it 2 3/4" chamber or the 3" magnum?

Reactions: dbcooper
#105 · (Edited)
Sounds like a good deal. Even if it might have something wrong with it they are easy to fix with plenty of parts available. Mine is a 3" mag., but i still use it for clays. I just bought a improved cylinder barrel that has 2 gas ports and it shoots the light loads.

#111 · (Edited)
1)Rock Island Armory Tactical 1911 in 9mm Known for not having any feeding issues right out of the box.Gets 5 star reviews!
2)Henry Lever Action Steel 357/38 It's lighter and more practical
3)Remington enhanced model 1911 in 45ACP,the price is right,quality made,1911,very reliable in reviews,thin profile like the original combat 1911.
4)Ruger Stainless flat-top Black-Hawk 357/9mm it's medium framed and has a thinner grip.

I've been researching these guns for a while and they all have great feedback and reviews!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.