1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

gram22
    (10/30/02 1:49:50 pm)
    Reply Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I am new to this board. I am getting a SS Ruger 10/22 with hardwood stock in December. After looking at all the different combinations of stocks, barrels, and other accessories, I have become overwhelmed. To remedy this, I decided to ask you all what your personal favorites were.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/30/02 2:24:12 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am partial to the Browning and Marlin .22's myself.

Welcome to TFF

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 2:46:10 pm)
    Reply Re: Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    Hiya' gram22 and welcome to The Firearms Forum.
    I suppose to answer your question, we'd need more info... like what are you going to use the gun for?
    A- hunting
    B- Target
    c- All around

There are loads of aftermarket pieces and parts to enhance your Ruger 10-22 experience.
    Check back with us

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

gram22
    (10/30/02 3:03:32 pm)
    I wasn't limiting the topic to any specific use for the gun, but when asked that question, I would have to go with 'c'. I want to use it for small game hunting, and non-competetive target shooting. I will most likely get a cheap 4x15 scope for it at least. I know my first priority is a good bolt buffer, a 25rd steel-lips mag, and a small muzzle-brake.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 3:34:40 pm)
    Ah yes... I found a couple of my favorite sites I thought I'd share with you.

store.shooters.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=243&CATID=755&Group=Ruger%2010%2F22

www.mikesshooting.com/10-22 Rifles & Parts.htm

www.boydboys.com/

junior.apk.net/~ontarget/10-22.html

www.rugermags.com/

Take a look at these, and if you need more, feel free to use our "Google" search feature at the bottom of our page.

I would choose a Browning Grade2 lever action for all around shooting

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 10/30/02 3:39:51 pm

gram22
    (10/30/02 4:31:52 pm)
    Thank you for the links, Boyd seems to have some really nice stocks at good prices. I still have 2 months to figure out what I want out of this rifle until I actually have all the money put down on it. Whatever stock I get, I know it will be a good tackdriver with the correct parts.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 5:30:40 pm)
    Here's my Boyds Blaster stock...

Quote:

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/30/02 7:12:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit ZigZag...
    Don't know if I've told ya lately...but that is a rifle I'd luv to shoot with that movie theatre mounted on it...but we're gunna have to set it up for a southpaw....

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 8:24:54 pm)
    Reply Re: ZigZag...
    Smokin Gun's come-on over, you're welcome to shoot her

Quote:

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/30/02 9:31:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit O.K....
    Rick, Sure would like to try it next year at the Kenton Nationals...if you've never been there, I think you'd like it...Let me know....

gram22
    (10/30/02 9:39:41 pm)
    That is a really nice setup, I bet it groups even better too. Looks like you have the Butler Creek Featherweight Barrel, but I am not positive. I must say, that is the biggest rimfire scope I have seen in my life.

Extremities
    (10/31/02 12:30:31 am)
    Reply Re: Favourite 10/22 stock
    I'm holding out for a Zero Shark or Turner Barracuda stock. They look so insanely exotic that I'm not going to try anything else. I'm currently using a butler creek folding stock (hold the flames...it's SMALL) which I'm certain isn't doing much for the accuracy, but I was going for cool-factor/small package at the time.

I might have to buy another 10/22, one for the range, one for everything else.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/31/02 7:54:21 am)
    Reply Re: Favourite 10/22 stock
    Gram22. actually it's a 18" Green Mountain heavey barrel

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/2/02 6:30:30 am)
    My favorite stock is the Ramline folder.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/3/02 1:44:25 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    Welcome Aboard Extremities & gram22!

I like the Butler Creek folder type!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

JS4
    (11/3/02 6:39:30 pm)
    Since you haven't actually bought the rifle yet you might want to check out the 10/22 Deluxe Sporter if you haven't yet. The stock it has isn't bad at all for a standard size stock unless you already have your heart set on an after market stock. It's walunt instead of hardwood and checkered too. Has a nice hand filling feel to it but not bulky.
    Have a look at it at the link below. Forget the suggested retail price of $300 that Ruger lists. It's actually a lot less than that. Probably not much more than $200. I paid a little under $200 for mine new five years ago.
    Hope this helps.
    JS

www.ruger-firearms.com/rf...22dsp.html

gram22
    (11/3/02 7:57:47 pm)
    Thanks a lot, but I already have this one set on lay-away, it is the nicest one available at my local wal-mart. I have been thinking hard about it, and I am probobly going to get a synthetic stock for it. Either the Butler Creek folding one, or the factory model synthetic stock. Those are really cheap too, only like $50.

brassduck
    (11/8/02 11:23:00 pm)
    smoking guns
    where and what are the kenton nationals?

NoBite
    (11/16/02 5:52:56 am)
    Reply Another stock question
    I've got a standard model 10/22 with the wood stock. Mainly for plinking and just messin' around. I am wondering if there is any way to mount a sling on this stock? If not, I'd like to get a fairly simple stock that I can mount a sling on. (Actually, I really want to just shoot this rifle a lot at first before doing too much to it!)

Thanks,

NoBite

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/16/02 7:36:15 am)
    Reply Re: Another stock question
    Michaels of Oregon makes a sling swivel set for the 10/22. Easy to install.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.