Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

gram22
    (10/30/02 1:49:50 pm)
    Reply Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I am new to this board. I am getting a SS Ruger 10/22 with hardwood stock in December. After looking at all the different combinations of stocks, barrels, and other accessories, I have become overwhelmed. To remedy this, I decided to ask you all what your personal favorites were.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/30/02 2:24:12 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am partial to the Browning and Marlin .22's myself.

Welcome to TFF

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 2:46:10 pm)
    Reply Re: Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    Hiya' gram22 and welcome to The Firearms Forum.
    I suppose to answer your question, we'd need more info... like what are you going to use the gun for?
    A- hunting
    B- Target
    c- All around

There are loads of aftermarket pieces and parts to enhance your Ruger 10-22 experience.
    Check back with us

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

gram22
    (10/30/02 3:03:32 pm)
    I wasn't limiting the topic to any specific use for the gun, but when asked that question, I would have to go with 'c'. I want to use it for small game hunting, and non-competetive target shooting. I will most likely get a cheap 4x15 scope for it at least. I know my first priority is a good bolt buffer, a 25rd steel-lips mag, and a small muzzle-brake.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 3:34:40 pm)
    Ah yes... I found a couple of my favorite sites I thought I'd share with you.

store.shooters.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=243&CATID=755&Group=Ruger%2010%2F22

www.mikesshooting.com/10-22 Rifles & Parts.htm

www.boydboys.com/

junior.apk.net/~ontarget/10-22.html

www.rugermags.com/

Take a look at these, and if you need more, feel free to use our "Google" search feature at the bottom of our page.

I would choose a Browning Grade2 lever action for all around shooting

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 10/30/02 3:39:51 pm

gram22
    (10/30/02 4:31:52 pm)
    Thank you for the links, Boyd seems to have some really nice stocks at good prices. I still have 2 months to figure out what I want out of this rifle until I actually have all the money put down on it. Whatever stock I get, I know it will be a good tackdriver with the correct parts.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 5:30:40 pm)
    Here's my Boyds Blaster stock...

Quote:

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/30/02 7:12:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit ZigZag...
    Don't know if I've told ya lately...but that is a rifle I'd luv to shoot with that movie theatre mounted on it...but we're gunna have to set it up for a southpaw....

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/30/02 8:24:54 pm)
    Reply Re: ZigZag...
    Smokin Gun's come-on over, you're welcome to shoot her

Quote:

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/30/02 9:31:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit O.K....
    Rick, Sure would like to try it next year at the Kenton Nationals...if you've never been there, I think you'd like it...Let me know....

gram22
    (10/30/02 9:39:41 pm)
    That is a really nice setup, I bet it groups even better too. Looks like you have the Butler Creek Featherweight Barrel, but I am not positive. I must say, that is the biggest rimfire scope I have seen in my life.

Extremities
    (10/31/02 12:30:31 am)
    Reply Re: Favourite 10/22 stock
    I'm holding out for a Zero Shark or Turner Barracuda stock. They look so insanely exotic that I'm not going to try anything else. I'm currently using a butler creek folding stock (hold the flames...it's SMALL) which I'm certain isn't doing much for the accuracy, but I was going for cool-factor/small package at the time.

I might have to buy another 10/22, one for the range, one for everything else.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/31/02 7:54:21 am)
    Reply Re: Favourite 10/22 stock
    Gram22. actually it's a 18" Green Mountain heavey barrel

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/2/02 6:30:30 am)
    My favorite stock is the Ramline folder.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/3/02 1:44:25 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Your personal favorite 10/22 stock?
    Welcome Aboard Extremities & gram22!

I like the Butler Creek folder type!

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

JS4
    (11/3/02 6:39:30 pm)
    Since you haven't actually bought the rifle yet you might want to check out the 10/22 Deluxe Sporter if you haven't yet. The stock it has isn't bad at all for a standard size stock unless you already have your heart set on an after market stock. It's walunt instead of hardwood and checkered too. Has a nice hand filling feel to it but not bulky.
    Have a look at it at the link below. Forget the suggested retail price of $300 that Ruger lists. It's actually a lot less than that. Probably not much more than $200. I paid a little under $200 for mine new five years ago.
    Hope this helps.
    JS

www.ruger-firearms.com/rf...22dsp.html

gram22
    (11/3/02 7:57:47 pm)
    Thanks a lot, but I already have this one set on lay-away, it is the nicest one available at my local wal-mart. I have been thinking hard about it, and I am probobly going to get a synthetic stock for it. Either the Butler Creek folding one, or the factory model synthetic stock. Those are really cheap too, only like $50.

brassduck
    (11/8/02 11:23:00 pm)
    smoking guns
    where and what are the kenton nationals?

NoBite
    (11/16/02 5:52:56 am)
    Reply Another stock question
    I've got a standard model 10/22 with the wood stock. Mainly for plinking and just messin' around. I am wondering if there is any way to mount a sling on this stock? If not, I'd like to get a fairly simple stock that I can mount a sling on. (Actually, I really want to just shoot this rifle a lot at first before doing too much to it!)

Thanks,

NoBite

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/16/02 7:36:15 am)
    Reply Re: Another stock question
    Michaels of Oregon makes a sling swivel set for the 10/22. Easy to install.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.